Hello everyone!

Hello to everyone on the forum! I think I've posted this elsewhere.

New to this type of thing so I hope I do this correctly! My name's Dean and I hope this forum will lead to some new friends from like-minded souls...info and general fun! I have had my 2001 Boxster since new (in speed yellow) and have just a few weeks ago purchased my 993 Carrera S in silver. Bit of a funny story on how I bought her. My 993 is off getting some paint work at the moment and I am missing the car to bits. Just put one of my new plates on the car, 9IIS and looking forward to getting her in immaculate, as new condition. So hello to everyone and I hope to really enjoy the experience.

Hi Dean

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a fine choice of model in the 993 S, although I have a biased view I think they are just a great car to own and sure you will have a lot of fun with it. Hope to see you on one of our Sunday morning runs in the future.

Once you get it back from the panel shop let's see some pics.

Who is doing the work on it for you?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Dean

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on a fine choice of model in the 993 S, although I have a biased view I think they are just a great car to own and sure you will have a lot of fun with it. Hope to see you on one of our Sunday morning runs in the future.

Once you get it back from the panel shop let's see some pics.

Who is doing the work on it for you?

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris

I have to agree on your "biased" view! I'll certainly be joining the group on a sunday run. I have a few images from my phone that I took when it was still at Porsche centre awaiting me to pick it up. I'll try to upload it now...new to this!! I'm getting a friend of mine to do the work. Recreation panels in Box Hill. The owner George is doing all the stripping and assembly so it's done well. I've actually just rebranded the business so I'm sure he'll do a wonderful job. I'm having most of the car painted. With small things around the car requiring attention it's probably the best way to go. It's been a one owner manual car from Port Melbourne, with full books from Porsche Centre. Had the original Hamilton's sticker still on the back window until Weltmeister pulled it off!!!!!!!!! High in the kms...but it's a manual and that's what I wanted. I need to get the front seats re-trimmed and the steering wheel restitched/recovered. It has the cup wheels from new and I'm looking for some twists...but I must say I like your wheels Chris! I'm looking forward to really driving my car and all that having a 911 entails. I'm keeping my Boxster as I still love it...but what a different experience the 993 is...and what a difference the 996 is (not having owned one...but driven a few). I must say I'm happy with my choice...probably for the lack of depreciation too!

Cheers Chris

Dean

post-272-128860998044_thumb.jpg

Good on you Dean, sounds like a fantastic car. Being a manual makes it even more rare. I am not sure who many manuals actually came in. I do have a breakdown of numbers by colour but not between manual and tip but someone will know!

Mine has quite a few chips on the front and will get repaired one day :rolleyes:

I had the cup wheels as well and was going to put the twist wheels on but saw a gt2 with the speed line wheels and loved them. Couldn't afford the genuine thing so found the wheels I ended up with in the uk. Still have the cup wheels tucked away in case I sell it one day. When do you expect to get it back on the road?

Good pic and love the plates, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Cheers

Chris

Good on you Dean, sounds like a fantastic car. Being a manual makes it even more rare. I am not sure who many manuals actually came in. I do have a breakdown of numbers by colour but not between manual and tip but someone will know!

Mine has quite a few chips on the front and will get repaired one day :rolleyes:

I had the cup wheels as well and was going to put the twist wheels on but saw a gt2 with the speed line wheels and loved them. Couldn't afford the genuine thing so found the wheels I ended up with in the uk. Still have the cup wheels tucked away in case I sell it one day. When do you expect to get it back on the road?

Good pic and love the plates, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Cheers

Chris

Hey Chris

I must say that I'm pretty pleased to have bought the car I really wanted. Not too sure about the blue interior!! Silver's great though. I love the colour of my Boxster I must admit...but the 993S is a nice counterpoint. I would like to know how many cars came in over the 2 or so years they were sold. In fact how long were they sold for too chris? Someone told me they sold 61 S's. I think that was a guess on their part though. Were there more tips sold? Every so often I'd drop into porsche centre and say hi to Ian Murray, (a really nice guy and sold me the Boxster 9 years ago) and I'd see if they'd seen any manual 993's come in. I had a client meeting in the city last month and I had a coffee that went straight through me...on the way back to my office in Richmond I just had to go. I ducked into the centre to use the little boys room...I gave Ian a flyer of some Porsche plates I bought a few weeks before and he said "I thought about you yesterday"...Peter Sullivan had been approached by a decreased estate to purchase back a car. I was the first to see it and they still didn't own it properly. After a substantial deposit that I made them take...and a stressful 3 week wait to get the paper work sorted I finally got the car. A big thanks to Ian and Peter!!! I ended up paying $78K. I still think that's cheap. I mean where do you find them?? In reality I'll still end up spending 7-8K..maybe 10 on the car. I really never thought I'd find a widebody. Like you Chris I'll keep the cup wheels...I have a friend of mine with some twists that I have to ask Motorsport wheels if the offsets are correct. My car has spacers...is that normal?? I'm a little undecided with twists vs another style of wheel like yours. It might be a few weeks before I get the car back unfortunately. I don't want to hassle them..it will be done when it's done. I'm thinking of getting the seat faces done now..so maybe pull the seats and steering wheel off now to kill two birds with one stone so to speak. Can anyone out there put me onto the best trimmer vs cost. The steering wheel's only $300 from Blackmans in Richmond..the two seats $2500. But he wants to do the whole seat. Any suggestions anyone? That would be appreciated!! The plate I quite like. VicRoads never get the spacing very good...I also bought 9IIRS,9IIRSR, 9IISC, 9IIE and 9IIC. I may sell the 9IIS plate as I also have 911.911 on my friends Audi. Too many plates I'm afraid.

Aren't you two a couple of "peas in a pod"!? :D And you live just around the corner as well!

Welcome aboard Dean! Looking forward to seeing you both in the flesh...

Kerry

Thanks Kerry

Well I don't know if Chris and I are besties just yet :-) But yes, seems like we're kinda neighbours. Thank you for your welcome Kerry...

D

Archived