Shiny happy people!

It's a parts car. Doesn't run. Was a good paddock basher when it ran ;)

On dads 81 he has the 5 studs with the turbo wheels from factory. His needs a respray which is half way sanded. Interior needs a re-trim, just the seats and dash. The motor needs a standalone to remove the mechanical fuel injection which has been trouble ever since leaded for phased out. 

The FI is just the old Bosch K Jetronic eh? The car runs on 98. I don't think absence of lead is the problem.

Just needs TLC. But not worth paying a mechanic to sort it all out.

Never liked those spider turbo wheels. They look sort of plastic to my eyes. Each to his own!

The turbo 924 goes all right, but when it doesn't , you have to decide whether it's food on the table , or pay to fix.

Sometimes it's best just to hold a party in it and invite shiny happy people  to drink your Beaujolais  :D

Yep K jetronic. I cannot remember the full story but it just doesn't like 98. my dads tried to fix it many times, kept playing up. We're probably going to build the motor from the other car or use it as a mock up to build the other one. Going to supercharge it. 

I don't mind the wheels, Ideally I'd like the old 15" bbs RS wheels in gold with silver dish. 

Yep K jetronic. I cannot remember the full story but it just doesn't like 98. my dads tried to fix it many times, kept playing up. 

Have you pulled the fuel distributor apart? Not meant to be serviceable , but they are, if care is taken. Any car that's sat for a while gums up. Maybe it's been run on low octane without the detergents , or some rust got into the ports.

All FI components can be tested a la the Haynes manual. But fuel pressure testing gauges are mandatory.

Archived