About to buy wheels, need offset advice?

FlatSix

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a response from CCW, they cant do the wheels I want with the correct bolt pattern.

''will have to be lm5 or classics as the lm20 isnt designed to do a 130mm bolt circle.keep in mind you can go a bit wider on the rear

cost for classics or lm5's with the gold centers will be 2980 for the set. shipping to the east side of austraila will run 480''

Price works out about the same.

You and I are on a parallel universe. Here's a quote I got from CCW 4 weeks ago:

"unfortunatly at this time lm20 are not designed to do the 130mm bolt pattern

would have to be the classics, or lm5's

john"

Ok very quick and very nasty but here you go.......

13819583754_0bfe4d76c8_c.jpg

13819262155_a1391cd327_c.jpg

13819296143_bdc757a88c_c.jpg

These are the Brombachers. No point in photoshopping the CCW LM20's as they wont fit anyway. I think the Gold colour is a little stronger in real life, Works photos seem a little washed out. 

Lol, I'll ps the Fuchs tomorrow, just powered down the pc. I have seen a 964 with Fuchs before. They looked crap because they had no dish what so ever to clear the brakes. Luckily in the land of photopshop anything is possible :)

Where there's a will there's a way. Braid make custom to whatever you want :-)

Yep just cut my axles down and I can have big dish  :lol:  :lol:

The perspective is a bit wonky but here you go........

13837531583_34d58ea15c_c.jpg

They would but ET65 rear? All spoke and no dish!

I would be better off buying this http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1979/SSE-AD-2667581/?Cr=14&sdmvc=1 before Uncle does. It's a widebody with NB suspension. You could get lots of dish on that.

So after taking your advice on board I have just paid my deposit on the Brombachers..........in Gold  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  Now its a long 8-12 week wait.  <_< Plenty of time to choose some new rubber.

That's not too bad. I did special order wheels on my last car from Watanabe in Japan, it was 9 months from first contact to receiving my wheels! That said a bit of that time was me measuring up the offsets myself, checking that calc about a dozen times, then puting the order in..... At least they were flexible enough to do a custom set for me, charged me an extra $20 per wheel. :)

Oh yeah, & I like the black. Change the wheels on your other car, the porka should take preference in the household.

Archived