Onboard Porsche GT3 Zeltner/Zeltner Sachsen Rallye 2013 Stage 6/8

Nice stage (for tarmac!) and well driven.  As wicked as the engine sounds are, I do normally like to hear the pace notes - but given they would have been in German was probably better than drowning it out with "Fünf rechts, in 200 flach über kamm, in lang drei links, nicht schneiden"......!

Damn I'd love a sequential box!

Love the acceleration out of the corner and into the tight stuff at about 1:15 - 1:20...could feel myself being pushed back into the couch!

Oh my Lord. The first vid is a circuit, too!

The Euro's know how to do tarmac rally.

And there's almost enough reason in that sequential box to go 99x.

Simon, are you prepping that GT2 for Targa yet?

What I find interesting is all the Euro cars that I watch in these rallies WRC, ERC, ,FIA historic's and the like are all speed limited to 200k as per the FIA rules, I'm assuming either by gearing or a governor of some kind. Yet CAMS the FIA representative in this country still lets us run basically open speeds at Targa and the like with the odd attempt at a chicane at an event usually removed the following year. The again our tarmac classes are a hodge podge that no one else in the world runs to. Then there's the number of guys we've lost at events here over the past few years, at one stage it was almost every tarmac rally I went to someone had binned it into a tree or similar and was killed.

Personally I've been saying for ages that I think we need to adopt the Euro FIA tarmac regs and classes not only for some of the safety aspect but also so it would encourage some of them to come over here and run Targa and similar events. By all means have the modern cars and the like but allow the proper R1 R2 R3 R4 cars and FIA historics as well.

Cheers Al

Onboard Porsche GT3 Zeltner/Zeltner Sachsen Rallye 2013 Stage 6/8 [HD]

Volume Up 

and

5 4 3 2 1

Go

http://youtu.be/2LqVUwLD3_c

A GT3 with lot of revs in 6th gear on wet roads between tree trunks.

Thank you but no thanks.

That kind of stuff can hurt you.

I agree re: FIA rules. But not being an expert I reckon it would bin 90% of targa competitors because FIA is very strict on historics and period accuracy. I think the 200km/h rule is a good one, too. I've done that down Eastern Creek straight and, like webrest above, doing more than that through gum trees kinda sends a chill up my spine.

What I like about euro tarmac rallies is how many of them there are, and how mad the fans are to see them.

Tasmania seems to have the lion's share of them in AU, with Adelaide and Perth following.

I'm a New South Welshman and we have none. I think the same is for Qld too. I think that is because our states suffer from the NIMBY disease.

Archived