wtb: 911sc ssi or headers

Kris

Thats the problem with mine also, not leaking (as yet) but the shrouds have seen better days. 

There was set of SSI's for sale on here..... probably a couple of months ago but they were for the 3.2 and would have needed slight modification (appaerently).

It's a lot of $$$ for them and then you need to replace a couple of the oil hoses, gaskets,  2 in type muffler, new studs too. Probably looking at nearly 3K before your done.

There does seem to be a few options around for just the headers if your willing to do without heat, which i reckon you could here in QLD.

It's definitely expensive which is why I keep backing off. I saw the 3.2 set as well, there was also a set on eBay a few weeks ago starting at 1500 but the auction was ended early.

I was doing a bit of suspension work and changed a fuel line the other month, but the car was on jackstands for a while. When I lowered it and turned it over, I hadn't yet reconnected the heater hose and it looked like exhaust was coming from the heater inlet. I tried to recreate this the other day and it was fine though.

Ideally I'd like to get headers, if there is a set that don't require oil lines to be changed. You are right I think I can live without heat, but I'd need to find how to block off all those heater ports in a non dodgy way.

Are, that was me that ended it early!

I just happened to live 20 minutes away so I drove over and paid cash for the brand spanking new SSI's & a Dansk 2 in 2 out.

Sitting in my garage atm. At some point they will go onto the C3. Also got a set of Clewett spark plug leads and Bilstein rear shocks from him. He has more parts as he has turned a 3.0SC into a track car 3.2ss twin plugger.

Are, that was me that ended it early!

I just happened to live 20 minutes away so I drove over and paid cash for the brand spanking new SSI's & a Dansk 2 in 2 out.

Sitting in my garage atm. At some point they will go onto the C3. Also got a set of Clewett spark plug leads and Bilstein rear shocks from him. He has more parts as he has turned a 3.0SC into a track car 3.2ss twin plugger.

Good on ya, but get them off the garage floor and get them on the car ;)

As i'm always telling my wife " its only a bargain if you needed it".....

• 2 weeks later...

Kris:

I have just listed my DANSK muffler on ebay and am considering selling the SSI's.

I REALLY don't want to but I need some cash flow.

If I can avoid selling them I will but just letting you know they my be available.

cheers, Will

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived