Oil/fuel guage

pommygeezz

Hi folks,

I have a question about the oil gauge, (not the pressure gauge).

On cold and star up the gauge read in the lower red zone, after about 30 mins of running and when stationary the gauge registers in the middle, however when accelerating the gauge drops back into the red lower half of the gauge. Is that normal?

feedback appreciated

also has anyone had issues with wipers not parking on shut off? dd you find an answer?

Hi,

Yes this is normal.

It's documented in the user manual under checking the oil level.

A lot of people mis-understand how this gauge works and end up over filling.

If its horizontal when the engine is warm and you've been idling for 30 secs or more this is perfect.

Hope this helps.

Regards

964RS

Hi Pommy...

What model are you talking about?

The oil level guage does not work on my SC (might fix it one day) and I rely entirely on the dipstick with the engine at operating temp and at idle. On later models the guage is the only reference as there is no dipstick.

Overfill the tank and the excess oil get drawn back into the induction system = smoke. I discovered that on a track day.

rEd

Hi Pommy...

What model are you talking about?

The oil level guage does not work on my SC (might fix it one day) and I rely entirely on the dipstick with the engine at operating temp and at idle. On later models the guage is the only reference as there is no dipstick.

Overfill the tank and the excess oil get drawn back into the induction system = smoke. I discovered that on a track day.

rEd

its an 83 SC, I think Jr356 has answered I just think its odd that at operating temp, and under acceleration the gauge goes from the 2/3 o'clock position drops into the "red" zone at the bottom of the gauge, just give you a scare when running that you have no oil even though pressure is up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived