Lost 5th and reverse gear G50 box

twood

I have just lost 5th and reverse gears in my G50 box.

Reading the Rennlist forum it looks like the bushes in the gearbox linkage have gone. Anyone have any experience changing these?

the linkage on the shift rod? It's easy on the earlier cars, take the plate off between the rear seats and access the pivot in there.  

I think the G cars are a bolted link rather than grub screw?  Someone here will know for sure, but either way if that's where the problem is, it's an easy fix.

the linkage on the shift rod? It's easy on the earlier cars, take the plate off between the rear seats and access the pivot in there.  

I think the G cars are a bolted link rather than grub screw?  Someone here will know for sure, but either way if that's where the problem is, it's an easy fix.

I have changed the linkage bushes for a 915 gearbox but this will be the first time I have had to do it in a G50 box.

How sloppy is your shifter?

That is a highly personal question  :wub:

Ken

Sheldon had the same issue recently, in my former 964.  I think he did it himself.  I'll PM you his number...

Rob

Thanks Rob - I will give him a call. i don't think it will be difficult from reading on the forums.

I was wondering if I need to change the 

shifter_diagram.jpg

shifter tube (Part no 27 on diagram). It seems that that part no's 6 are the culprit.

There is lots of info on the Rennlist forum as it seems like it is a common problem for cars of this age.

If anyone can see if any other parts might need replacing while the job is being done then let me know.

Archived