944 owners network

9fan

To 944 owners,

It is always good to Network. I have a 944 S2 after originally having owned a 944 and I am Hooked!

I have specked up the S2 with all options M030 suspension,LSD, 968 spoiler, S4 brakes and 17" Turbo wheels. This I have done over time and through Networking at good prices.

Over that time I have acquired a few parts/tyres and info on specifications.

It would be good to hear from other owners on what they might have parts wise or what they have done with their cars, so there is a good Network to source from.

All the best for the New Year - 9fan.

• 1 month later...

To 944 owners,

It is always good to Network. I have a 944 S2 after originally having owned a 944 and I am Hooked!

I have specked up the S2 with all options M030 suspension,LSD, 968 spoiler, S4 brakes and 17" Turbo wheels. This I have done over time and through Networking at good prices.

Over that time I have acquired a few parts/tyres and info on specifications.

It would be good to hear from other owners on what they might have parts wise or what they have done with their cars, so there is a good Network to source from.

All the best for the New Year - 9fan.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site(just joined 5 minutes ago) and would like to seek advise on buying new wheels for my 944 S2. Would anyone be kind enough to point me to the right direction? My question is, would wheels from a 962 C2 model fit into a 944 S2 car? I have another option of getting a 911 930 wheels but I dont know if this will fit. I am no expert on cars but I am trying to get my grandson a present for his 944. Can anyone please help?

thanks

Julian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Julian

I have no idea but you can get a lot of info from Clarks garage

Another forum worth asking at is Rennlist

You need to make sure the offset is correct for the 944 S2. My 944turbo has 23.mm offsets but not sure about yours

9fan

Count me in mate. I have only had my 952(which is the greatest car I have ever owned) for a few months and already have a few bits n pieces I wont use

cheers

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site(just joined 5 minutes ago) and would like to seek advise on buying new wheels for my 944 S2. Would anyone be kind enough to point me to the right direction? My question is, would wheels from a 962 C2 model fit into a 944 S2 car? I have another option of getting a 911 930 wheels but I dont know if this will fit. I am no expert on cars but I am trying to get my grandson a present for his 944. Can anyone please help?

thanks

Julian

Hi Julian,

Slow to reply because I have been away.

930 wheels won't fit. I have a set of 17" turbo twisters + tyres 75% left that will fit S2, I will be advertising them shortly $1350.Let me know if interested ?

Cheers, Mark.

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone I have a set of 17" Borbet 944 Cup wheels for sale with near new tyres.$1,250 pick up. These wheels are the correct offset for all non ABS 944s so no spacers (which aren't legal anyway mostly)

Be careful that you calculate the correct offset before buying wheels or you will trash your wheel bearings.

Cheers

David

944geek@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

G'day Guys,

Has anyone had experience with changing chips, headers, and exhausts on an S2?

I'm happy with my car as it is but my best mate is starting to modify his S2 and asked me the questions?

Cheers,

Mark

Hey Mark,

First of all, best wishes to all for 2012.

Here is my 2c worth on this topic.

The S2 engine is pretty well developed anyway being at the near end of the development cycle.

Chipping and exhaust work will add some hp/torque but the extra $s spent will return less performance than expected.

This question has been raised in other forums I suggest the Rennlist 924/931/944/951/968 forum. There are lots of cluey blokes in that forum who can help and have already spent the money without the results.

Best of luck to your ...errr mate

Cheers

rEd

PS - Why not invite your mate to join the forum. :D

Hey red,

Thanks for the link, I forwarded it on.

Craig is doing his S2 for a bit of hillclimbing / whatever else comes around racing wise. He bought a cheaper car with the whole idea of motorsport. His S2 is white so it may get a bit of a Martini racing theme happening.

I'm pretty happy with mine (keen on keeping it immaculate and not breaking anything) and don't have the spare cash to play with it too much anyway. I've suggested to him maybe a K&N filter, freer flowing exhaust, then just a bit of suspension (M030 suspension or similiar) and some good rubber.

I've suggested the forum to him, we'll see how he goes.

Cheers,

Mark

Archived