STOLEN

hughh

Just a heads up

During the week a number of mainly electrical Porsche parts were stolen from my garage here in Melbourne.

While it is a very long shot that anyone on this board may come across these items I thought i would post this here just in case.

I suspect that the person or people who did this really did not know what they had taken and it was more of an opportunistic thing as there was not much else unlocked or sitting around and these parts were all sitting in a blue plastic bucket.

However for the record, and in case these do come out for sale somewhere, these are the major items. I debated whether or not I should post this but I should also note that almost ALL of the items, especially the rarer ones, are identifiable in one way or another as belonging to me.

These are the main items:
1 pair of Carello Biodes in SWB 911 headlight buckets with Hella SB19 SB20 SB21 outer headlight glass

post-910-0-33206000-1403949579_thumb.jpg

(they are actually the lights shown in my Avatar here and were currently off the car)

1 Hella K8442 rear fog light and custom made to OEM specifications attaching bracket
post-910-0-79207500-1403949822_thumb.jpg
1 NOS 1973 fog light wiring loom and extra relays etc

post-910-0-97742100-1403949865_thumb.jpg

Numerous small parts including headlight globes and various relays that were stored in the bucket.

I know it is a long shot but I would appreciate a heads up if anyone hears about these items

The lights in particular have very limited application - they can (in the present format) be used on an early 911 (so long as the wiring is redone otherwise it will fry the wiring behind the dash) or the Carello units by them selves are used on 246 Dino and a couple of other Ferraris from the 1960's with 7 inch lights. - not a big market.

The wiring loom has an even more limited application so I cannot see these are being easy to unload - which makes me wory that they may just be dumped

also if anyone could cross post this to any VW boards or the 356 guys I would appreciate it

Hugh Hodges

Melbourne

Sorry to hear Hugh.

I would be surprised if your break in was targeted, since the market is so small as is the community for these products.

I would imagine you are keeping an eye out on flea bay, gum tree etc. they might also get dumped in the area or they might take them to local garages to determine value.

PFA ers might not be aware but Hugh is the TYP901 expert on locally delivery numbers, VIN numbers and some ownership history.

Doug

Archived