997.1 S sports suspension option

sleazius

Anyone driven a 997 with the optional sports suspension? Is it crashy? How does it compare to a 996.1 GT3?

Could you live with it day to day on crappy 'B' roads?

Is there a way to convert it to PASM, or is there an obvious suspension upgrade that would make it liveable as a daily driver?

I can't drive the car in question easily as it is interstate, and it isn't a common option either to test another car locally.

Cheers!

• 4 months later...

Not much on google re optional sports suspension. I guess that not many AU bound cars would have had this option at the expense of the PASM being removed.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/52287/porsche_911_carrera_s.html

PASM (standard on S) / Sports Chrono (optional) gives you the sport button and option to toggle the suspension between normal and sport.

I usually find PASM sport to firm for anything but a smooth track or fwy. Occasionally i turn it on when on a good b road and its only me in the car. Big difference in ride quality. Not sure how much better grip it really gives you either, as the PASM is supposed to firm up by itself when needed regardless of setting.  

• 4 months later...

I have the optional 997.1 S sports suspension [non-PASM]. 20mm lower, stiffer springs etc. It rides much more like a GT3, but still not as harsh. I have the aerokit on it and I do scrape the lip on just about every speed bump. I use the car as a daily driver and it's all good on crazy, bumpy, b-roads. It's surprisingly compliant for daily driving, but still corners flat when you push it. If you're ever in Brisbane, I'll take you for a spin!

Archived