Stone Guard Film

Merv

I am looking at getting my front bumper and perhaps the leading edges of the front wings and hood done in either VentureShield (3M) or in Scotchguard film.  The initial enquiries I have made around here are that the usual suppliers/installers don't have the templates for the 997 and won't do it 'by hand'.  Are there installers that others have used who have done a decent job? Are there templates available?

I also hear that the 3M film is clearer, but can yellow in time, and that the Scotchguard product lasts longer, but has a slightly textured finish?

Looks great.  Now if I can find one in Brisbane or preferably at the Sunshine Coast.

I'm pretty sure they have guys in most states now, hopefully you will have someone local to service you. 

Thanks Hugh.  I just found a mob in Brisbane who also service the Sunshine coast and use the new premium film produced by Venture Shield (now owned by 3M).  Got a decent price for the front bumper hood facing and around headlights and so on. 

• 1 month later...

Dijon from the Racing Room came to the house and did the job.  He has pre cut templates for all the models (some are hard to find) and did an extremely professional job.  He has a Porsche heritage going back years and really knows his stuff.  Can't speak more highly of his expertise and the quality of the material used.  Great value for money.

Archived