WA Motorsport event next Sunday

Simonoz

For those in Perth, next Sunday the 20th is the annual Sponsors Day for Targa West held at the Motorplex. The morning is reserved for entranfs to give sponsors, friends and family a ride in the weapon of choice. A rare event these days, and its nice to be able to show people just what some of these cars are capable of.

The afternoon is a separate event, a round of the McRae Motorsport Rallysprint series. Four competitive runs in the opposite direction to the morning session, with co-drivers.

I cant promise that any rides will be free in the morning but if any of you WA PFA'ers show up please say hello to Andy and I and we will see what we can do to get you a ride in the blue 74RS, car 61.

Hi Simon

Time and family commitments permitting, I will certainly try and make it.

Coincidently, last week I officially entered the realms of Porsche ownership. A 1995 993 C2. After looking at many a car, this one came up and something about it just seemed right. A few niggles to sort out but if I come down, I look forward to the trip being the longest to date. Inadvertently, your comments about RJP Motorsport made me pick Richard to help with the car once it was shipped over from Melbourne. A very nice gent who mentioned your blue RS (and which I subsequently searched on this forum).

Irrespective, best of luck!

Nishan

Hi Simon

Hope Sunday went well. Family commitments (read sick kids) meant I was there in spirit if not in body.

Any chance Smurf (or the Blue Blitz) will be on display in the city prior to Targa commencing? If not, I will certainly be in the crowd at some of the vantage points.

Nishan

It was a very busy day, we did eleven rides for friends family and sponsors in the morning, and then four competitive stages in the afternoon. Fair to say I have never done as many rocket launches in one day. Perfected the launch process.

I think that we will have the blue 911 on display in the city. It gets a bit tricky being a country resident for me to be there, but we should be able to convince one of the team to ferry the car into the city. Regardless, please make sure you say hello during the event.

Archived