Oil Cooler

thesnowdrift

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your welcome and support.

Had my baby out a couple of times now and noticed how warm these 2.7 air cooleds get. I have seen pics and read a few atricles about oil coolers. Has anyone got any experience on keeping these engines cooler, is a front mount an option and an easy exercise? Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice. This is my first Porsche so please forgive me for any stupid questions as its all a new experience this rear engine air cooled sweetness. Think I might go out to the shed now just to start her up to hear that sound. B)

Snowy

Its not super cheap but nothing Porsche related is!

I'd strongly suggest getting a Carrera front oil cooler and the associated oil lines and thermostat.

Well worth calling Buiks or Mark Poole to see if they have any secondhand parts.

Cheers

Cam

Snowy

Its not super cheap but nothing Porsche related is!

I'd strongly suggest getting a Carrera front oil cooler and the associated oil lines and thermostat.

Well worth calling Buiks or Mark Poole to see if they have any secondhand parts.

Cheers

Cam

Cheers Cam

Price not really that important just want her to be healthy, she is at Mark's now due to hot start issue the other day, was thinking just to conversion myself it don't look like rocket science. Thanks for your feed back.

Pete

Archived