blyfooze.com

Well ok, so this is MY website, but hey, it is still one of my favourites!

I'm an Aussie car journo who finally went online. You may have read some of my articles from various car mags, more commonly Porsche-centric ones. If not, you can see what kept me busy in 2010 at blyfooze.com

I still think you can't go past Excellence. It was there 25 years ago, doing what it is still doing today, teasing us with tidbits and then dolloping out enough techno talk to keep the average porschophile happy!

Kiran.

www.blyfooze.com

Hi Leadfoot

Great shot of the 996 passing the old ruins. Interesting front end with the air intakes...

Enjoyed your website!

Frank

Hey Frank,

My 996 is a 40 Jahre Anniversary car, and the air intakes are the same as the Turbo spec. The car is actually pretty special and it is my baby. If you want to read all about it, I have an article, but it is going into a mag soon, so I can only grant you temporary access to read it: A special treat for the Porsche Forum Australia!!!!

Go to:

http://www.blyfooze.com/2010/08/porsche-40-jahre/

the password is "excellence"

I have the car in Oman and not Aus, as it is a limited edition to commemorate the 1963 debut of the 911 in Frankfurt. This is number 361 and the cars were only built LHD. 345HP standard, but this has a Gemballa exhaust pumping it up to 363hp.

Kiran

Hi Kiran

I read your 'Porsche 40 Jahre' article and I must say that I was totally absorbed by your story.

What an amazing part of the world you live in, a true festival of fossil fuel heaven!

Your car is definitely one out of the box and I really enjoyed the detail in which you described the handling and characteristics of your trusty steed.

I liked the modify, modify and then modify some more. :lol:

Looking forward to some more great articles from you.

Happy motoring

Frank

Hi Kiran,

Great writing, really enjoyed reading it. Sounds like a really terrific car and great to see it is well loved. I hadn't heard about this limited edition before and it looks terrific.

Well done and thanks for sharing the article with us, hope we get to read some more.

Cheers

Chris

Archived