WANT A PORSCHE

5luca8

Hi everyone.

i am wanting to start a rebuild of a 911 Carrera 1990 model, (just a passionate hobby) but have absolutely no luck in trying to find a shell in Australia. could anyone give me some tips or knows anyone who sells these particular bodies???

thanks

5luc8, a shell up job will be a LOT of work, what about a running model to strip and progressively rebuild. At least then you have most of the parts to start the project.Last time I checked some of the popular car and club sites there were plenty of mid year Porsches for sale.Have you got a particular spec or replica in sight?

Cheers

Paul M

wow thanks Paul for replying so soon.

at the moment i have nothing in sight as i am just doing a bit of ground work. but absolutely i would be up for a running model as you do make a good point with the addition parts. i just thought starting with a shell would be a little cheaper. i will deffinatly keep my ears open for some running models, which hopefully arnt to expensive???

would you happen to know of any places that would sell even not running Porsches or any other clubs/websites that would have these types of Porsche models available??

thank you for your advice though, very much appreciative

Porsche sites -go to the Porsche Club Victoria prompt at the top left of the forum page, PCV has links to the other Porsche club sites (or simply Google), and there are wreckers. Which city are you in?

There are running Porsches from $25000, in fact a race one on PC Queensland for a 2.7 911, or a 944 for even cheaper on PCV $15000, so you can start Porsche ownership fairly cheaply. My advice is buy through a Porsche Club, the car is more likely to have been looked after by an enthusiast owner and if you have a complete runner, costs are for upgrades and maintenance rather than building. If you buy carefully, car and parts, Porsches are no more expensive than modern cars. Take a little time looking around and buy a good body car, mechanicals are cheaper to repair, than the body. You can get lot's of free advice, leads etc from the Forum, so don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Cheers

Paul M

Archived