Copper TIG welding.

Pauly

A good mate of mine comes up to me and says:

Him"hey i have a length of 3" copper pipe, reckon we can lobster-back it and make an intake"

Me: with what, silver solder?

him: yeah, reckon we can do it?

me: might look ugly, i'll see if i can TIG it.

And this is what happened:

10695209_10152453817967561_2053058358_n.

10704790_10152453818012561_1238885026_n.

He's going to polish it up during the week. 

Thanks Dave,

Yep, Soon everyone will be asking for new SS exhaust manifolds. Hahah. 

Yeah i suppose not everyone can do it. Does take practice and patience and of corse a steady hand! 

I'll be doing a full exhaust, manifold to tips for my cousins Toyota KE70 corolla. It has a 4age in it. I'll show that off once it's done :)

Yeah I have to admit I'm rubbish at TIG welding (and other joining of metal stuff) and would love to be able to do it well. I've got mates who are really good at it and you can tell it's very much a skill that needs time in the seat to perfect. I guy I know builds drag cars and off road chassis for a crust. His work is just outstanding. I've seen Jame sign a diff housing he made from scratch with a MIG and you would think it was done with a pen.

Yeah I have to admit I'm rubbish at TIG welding (and other joining of metal stuff) and would love to be able to do it well. I've got mates who are really good at it and you can tell it's very much a skill that needs time in the seat to perfect. I guy I know builds drag cars and off road chassis for a crust. His work is just outstanding. I've seen Jame sign a diff housing he made from scratch with a MIG and you would think it was done with a pen.

I enjoy it. I love the outcome of it, just because its done by your hand, not machine. I'm no expert, just learning each time i weld. :)

Archived