Lowering my 3.2

Simonk

• 3 weeks later...

Did you manage to find a 24mm thin spanner locally?

I know most bike stores have the 36mm.

I haven't gone any further with this yet but when I was looking I did find a 24mm from a bike shop online. It was either a hub spanner or headset spanner, I can't remember.

Had my 3.2 lowered at least 20mm a few years ago. I didn't request any specific amount and can still remember the smile it put on my face pulling up & seeing it at that height for the first time. The 'stance' transformed the look of the car for me more than anything else I've done to it & obviously has reduced the centre of gravity. Apart from changing some bushes to super pro blue, I haven't changed torsion bar, shocks or anti-roll bars from factory & it does not bottom out & is quite comfortable considering it is about as low as I would want to go & has non-factory(Recaro PP) seats. Do get a little bounce over big bumps.

Paul

post-1985-0-88397200-1413974470_thumb.jp

I just reindexed my torsion bars. I took the whole setup out of the car. Something i don't want to do again, but i wasn't so difficult after understanding how it works. 

Porsche put the eccentric bolts that adjust the ride height on the spring plates for corner balancing. 

Forgot to mention the other day I did notice the inside tread of my rear tyres has nearly completely worn down after 3 years of driving the car about once a week & not sure if it is a problem due to the car being lowered (which I have read elsewhere) or due to the negative camber required to fit 9's under Carrera guards. Can any adjustments be made to resolve this without affecting the height? Any advice would be appreciated.

Forgot to mention the other day I did notice the inside tread of my rear tyres has nearly completely worn down after 3 years of driving the car about once a week & not sure if it is a problem due to the car being lowered (which I have read elsewhere) or due to the negative camber required to fit 9's under Carrera guards. Can any adjustments be made to resolve this without affecting the height? Any advice would be appreciated.

Go get an alignment. if the tyres have low tread wear they'll wear quick. I have toyo t1r with 280 tread wear. 4 years with a few SMTs and almost daily driven mine are almost warn. 

Archived