Excellence Magazine is late

webrest

Hi all,

My copy of "Excellence Mag".[#189 February 2011] seems to be overdue.

Is there any body else out there that subscribes to "Excellence" also finding their issue is late in the mailbox or is it just mine?

If everyone's is late I won't be concerned.

If it is only mine there may be a problem and I want to get to the bottom of it.

Dave

Hi Dave, mine has not arrived also. I have complained about our subscription mags being up to 2 weeks behind their release in the shops. Subscriptions Dept at Excellence didn't seem to be too fussed about this and just said distribution takes about 2-4 weeks ??. I've received parcels from Pelican Parts in 5 days! It looks like they send a batch here to a distributor, and then someone here posts them out, but it's a slack system I think. Maybe a few more complaints will gee them up.The only compensation is they cost about a third of the shop price.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

I gave them a ring on the December issue that was also very late and got the same I don't really give a toss attitude too.

The current issue is very late though and after looking at the Excellence website the next edition is due for sale in the US 8th Feb.

Really isn't good enough is it. We give them our money upfront expecting that little extra but it doesn't seem to happen does it.

Any way I at least know now that someone else is also waiting so I will have to be patient I suppose. Can probably assume they haven't ballsed up my subscription.

Maybe they should change the tile to "Less than Excellence"

Dave

Hi Dave, I'd say it will be about 2 weeks after the publication date in the US. It's a pity their subscriptions reps have a "don't give a damn" attitude, as the mag has improved recently (well written articles among the mass of advertising - but even that can be informative) and does not have the tedious duplication of the English mags. Their website is also very good, especially the cars for sale, where the prices asked are often very reasonable. I'll let you know when mine arrives.

Cheers

Paul M.

Hi Dave, I'd say it will be about 2 weeks after the publication date in the US. It's a pity their subscriptions reps have a "don't give a damn" attitude, as the mag has improved recently (well written articles among the mass of advertising - but even that can be informative) and does not have the tedious duplication of the English mags. Their website is also very good, especially the cars for sale, where the prices asked are often very reasonable. I'll let you know when mine arrives.

Cheers

Paul M.

Hi Paul,

I will also let you know if I get mine.

To be clear it is issue #189 that I am waiting for not #190 I can only dream of getting #190.

Any how if I don't get it in the next week or so I will miss out as my wife Den and I are off to live in Mexico for 3 months.

Dave

MEXICO...don't forget to take your bullet proof vest ;)

Excellance...saw it in my local for the first time on the weekend.

You didn't happen to notice which issue it was did you Doug ?

As for the vests. I don't think that I will need them I am strong enough that I have lasted the hell fire of Pommy sports cars for most of my life.

Mexican drug lords can't be any worse than that.

Dave

Hi Dave,

The issue on sale at the local NA is #188 December at $14.50.

Doug

Thanks Doug.

I have had that one for a long time,so the Newsagent copies must be miles behind no wonder the #189 is late .

sometimes they arrive in a due time but they do seem to be getting worse .

I pay an annual subscription of around $45 that gives me 9 copies. $5 is better than $14.50 eh!

Looks like I'm going to miss out on reading the new one if it doesn't arrive in the next few days.

See you when I get back in a few months.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Archived