PCCQ Bowdens Visit and Noosa Concours

Coastr

I'll apologise in advance most of these photos were taken in a hurry with an ailing digital.  They are not up to the standard.  But here goes.

The PCCQ had a meet to get a personal tour of the Bowdens car collection from Dan Bowden himself.

Dan met up with everyone and led a convoy in this 964 RS running dealer plates:

IMG_7565_zps7880c741.jpg

The tour went for 4 hours with Dan not stopping for breath the entire time - we got the detailed history on each car, some of which are quite in-depth.  I'm going on memory here and if I get one wrong it's my fault!

First up was this car which people in the Porsche world are probably familiar with

IMG_7544_zpsb03b15f3.jpg

Originally a special order, it has special options such as a different bumper, a bench seat(!), special radio (the owner originally requested a tv, but couldn't work with 6v), plus of course a 4-cam engine.  Apparently this is the only factory white 356a made (unless I got this wrong).  It was restored to win concours and won all the way up to pebble beach.   It's now sold, and I think the intimation was 7 figures.

IMG_7547_zpsfc56ad54.jpg

Black 1973 Carrera RS - in mint condition, originally UK delivered car with all options.  Apparently the only black one in RHD that exists.  Tough to get a photo of as it was crowded.  The red car in the background is the only surviving ex-Bathurst RX3.  Not many people were interested in that one but I thought it was awesome.

IMG_7557_zps6f95a487.jpg

Particularly unique Speedster which is very rare, but sorry I didn't catch the whole story.  It's not meant to be this colour and they are sending it to be restored back to original paint and interior soon. (the paint has gone bad on it)

IMG_7563_zps8721c99f.jpgYou'll have to forgive me but I have forgotten the exact history of this one, but it was supposed to have over 600hp.  Maybe someone else remembers the original driver/team?

IMG_7564_zps96650b66.jpg

1974 Carrera RS 

Of course there were others including the ex-Hamilton touring car and the 69 S seen in the background here.   Plus all the Oz touring cars including ex-Ford racing GT HO Phase, Phase 2, Phase 3 and Phase 4.    And their new M1 Procar in Japanese racing livery, a set of ex-touring car M3s and Sierras.   In terms of racing history the collection just can't be beaten.

Moving onto the PCCQ Concours on Sunday, which was co-located with the Noosa Classic Car club annual car show as the Marque of the year.

This

356 SC absolutely cleaned up the entire show, winning several different categories overall.  If you haven't seen it, it really is a sight to behold

IMG_7584_zps2332fbfd.jpg

I mean...how good is this engine bay?

IMG_7585_zps289fd564.jpg

This is a well known PFA car

IMG_7586_zpsed7aef18.jpg

I don't know if it won any awards because the PCCQ announcer just said which people won, and not which cars, which is a little tough if you don't know everyone.

IMG_7590_zps9d5893f3.jpg

This nice 72 was driven up from Victoria, I had a quick chat to the owner.  

IMG_7591_zpsc1cdc589.jpg

51 Porsches in the show...what is the collective noun for Porsches?  

IMG_7592_zpse791a7f4.jpg

'Wait a cotton pickin' minute, there's some thing wrong with these headlight rings!' :)

Archived