who's a naughty girl?

thesnowdrift

Well here comes some serious sweat...I was flying through the Adelaide Hills tonight as you do when its 9pm and 30 degrees...a great section of Greenhill Road full of 25,35,45 recommended corner speeds and doing the usual and dipping the high beam for on coming cars, I just threw her into another set of corners wrestling away when suddenly there's me like a stunned rabbit behind the wheel as everything suddenly becomes bright...the damn switch has decided to break leaving me a 50 minute drive home hanging on to the indicator stalk so the high beam doesn't come on, and looking like a horny octopus as arms flying everywhere trying to steer and change gears. 43 degrees tomorrow, not my kind of hanging under a steering wheel weather...damn you naughty girl...

Oohh! I envy you.

I know that bit of road well, my good mate Geoff Bills lives down the bottom of the hill in Magill. Have run up and down that section of road a few times. It isn't up to the 'Chain of Ponds' though now there's the ultimate.

Dave

chain of ponds is on the list...she goes in next week to Mark Poole for all new poly suspension bushes, koni adjustables, new engine mounts, corner balance and wheel alignment. so chain of ponds next weekend.

You won't be disappointed.

I put the Swayaway adjustable Swingarms with poly bushes in mine and the squeaking/groaning pissed me off so much I changed them out to the more expensive poly/bronze bushes from Elephant Racing in Calif. Have had no further problems, well worth the money I paid for them. Admittedly I do my own work and I paid cash for the bushes at the factory when on a trip there so it brought the cost down considerably but thought I would mention it to you anyway as there is a fair bit of work to do installing the poly bushes anyway with the ride height/aligning and corner weighting etc. Once again I could borrow scales and do my own work except for the electronic wheel align so the labour was non existent but if you are not in that position this all starts adding up and you want to be completely satisfied when it is all done.

I assume that you are keeping the standard swing arms and just using the poly bushes this still OK as Elephant do the bushes for standard swing arms as well.

OK. Whatever you decide you will love the"Chain"

Dave

guess the "chain" will be the test to see if i am happy...have to be careful with mods as i need to retain originallity for my historic registration. i want to keep as original as possible with time/era appropriate upgrades so she feels alive again...

cheers dave, will let you know how she goes...

pete

leaving me a 50 minute drive home hanging on to the indicator stalk so the high beam doesn't come on, and looking like a horny octopus as arms flying everywhere trying to steer and change gears...damn you naughty girl...

that sounds like a bit of fun ;):lol:

Pete,

You will be happy enough with the poly bushes for the fun work but it is possible that the squeaking that can occur at normal driving around will drive you mad. I have to be honest it did me, that why I replaced them.

Anyway that was my experience

Dave

Archived