Fitting strut brace

Stew F

My strut brace arrived today. Just need to grab some new fasteners tomorrow, 5mm longer, then I can fit it. Whats the best way to get the body sealer off? Soften with a heat gun, or will it just chip off easy enough?

Then I need to fit the turbo tie rod kit I got last week.

I can see lots of benchmarking and evaluation test drives coming up.

Better if you don't whilst chipping away.

Make sure the car is planted firmly on the ground keeping tension on on the top of the strut to the body.

You don't want the strut to alter position.

Leave two bolts in tightly and work your way around removing and replacing the bolts as you go.

Now remove all three bolts and fix the brace into place ASAP and tighten bolts.

Don't overlook the fact that undoing those bolts is how you set camber and caster so you want the top of the strut to stay exactly where it is or your alignment may be upset.

NOTE.

My brace is located in position by two bolts only yours may be the same so obviously you will only need to chip off where required for placement of your strut brace

Just fitted the strut brace. Brackets needed a little bit of tweaking to get the bolt holes to line up properly, but otherwise, easy as. Took about 45 minutes all up. The sealer isn't as tough as what it first appears. Chipped it off with an old screwdriver. Test drive tomorrow night.

Archived