Who owns a 911SC?

PeterP

Hi,

Would like to hear peoples comments about owning an SC, and what you loved about the vehicle. I have seen one that appears to be a little ripper, and has only done just over 100K , and in sensational nick; and this has got me thinking about what I could save against a later Carerra, and spend to make some little changes, and upgrades.

If you have one, what upgrades have you made and why?

Appreciate your feedback, as always,

Cheers

Peter :rolleyes:

Hi Peter,

I have a 1981 911sc it's done a lot more K'S than what you are talking about here, I have not modified the engine, it has Koni adjustable shocks, slightly flared front guards, turbo 16'' Fuchs, and upgraded exhaust, if this car is genuine take it to a good Porsche Mechanic and get it checked out, George Cairns in Ferntree Gully or Chris at Weissach Sport in Coburg, they will tell you how good it is,if this is going to be your first Porsche and it is as good as you say then you will have a good car (depending on the purchase price).

Regards,

Peter Cromie.

Register Captain Mid-911 PCV.

Hey Peter,

The SC is a great car - just like a go cart really. You will enjoy her I am sure.

An SC could/should have a Carrera cam tensioner kit to add reliability and a relay for the headlights to avoid replacing an expensive wiper/indicator/headlight module. A good Porsche tech should be able to advise.

rEd

Archived