3.2 Carrera

Welcome Douglas!

We are officially launching the forum on the 20th October at the PCV AGM (and Fashion Show!?!).

I'm hoping that our membership will rise directly after this, and we'll get to see contributions other than mine!

;)

Don't hesitate to offer your favorite run or ask a question in the meantime though. Was day one over the weekend? Not the best weather for the first drive, but I can say it was exactly the same as my first 911 purchase... I had planned a trip down to Redhill, with Arthurs Seat along the way, but I was chickening out when the heavens opened. I told the well known dealer that I bought him from that I wasn't going to take him for his first spin because of the stories I'd heard about the "tail happy" reputation of the 911, he said "Oh, bulldust (or similar), get in and I'll show you all you need to know! We proceeded to take a spin (very bloody quickly in my new car of only 20 minutes!) around the boulevard, and on a particular corner he took a jab at the brakes and sure enough, the tail started to come around much to my horror. Whilst still skidding he looked at me (!) and said, "just add a bit of the loud pedal to balance it..." and sure enough, back into line it pulled. "Do the opposite of what caused the slip, too much brake, apply some juice, too much juice, apply some brakes". Clearly this isn't the answer to ALL tail happy issues, but it did prove to me that these cars aren't as temperamental as you might think. We did a drive yesterday up through Kinglake/Toolangi/Healesville/Black Spur/Alexandra/Yarck and although the weather was filthy, a great days driving was had by all.

Anyway, welcome aboard!

Kerry

Well it was a long day yesterday...

Thoroughly enjoyable run yesterday. Thanks for organising the route.

My efforts in trying to keep up with you took all my concentration...in all the fun I forgot to take note of the route. The tight hair pins over the mountain...was that before or after the Melba Hwy?

BTW I am not sure if my co-driver had as much fun as me.

Doug

• 2 weeks later...

"My efforts in trying to keep up with you took all my concentration...in all the fun I forgot to take note of the route. The tight hair pins over the mountain...was that before or after the Melba Hwy?"

I think you're probably refering to the Black Spur, which is on the Maroondah Hwy. One of the nicest pieces of road for driving in the state I think, buy DEFINITELY better in the dry!

"BTW I am not sure if my co-driver had as much fun as me."

I guess you've got to check the dashboard for fingernail marks, but my partner has very little sympathy for any spirited driving in the dry let alone the wet... give her time.

;)

Kerry

• 3 weeks later...

Archived