1975 914 Info wanted...

Clarkie

Hi ya all,

i just purchased a known Melbourne 914, not exactly a normal transaction, but i bought it auction after it copped water damage from melbourne Summer 2011 storms... its missing a few parts and im after info on the car itself and also wanting to know, what parts are avail from other VW stables for the 914....

1st question, are the wiper arms unique to the 914, or do other VW porsche models fit?

Dizzy cap, leads, rotor, plugs? are they avail over the counter at Repco ect? are they the came as bettle or type 3 ect? i know the 911 cap is the same as volvo 164..

Stupid question..... What is the shifter patten? where are the gear position located...

Im new to porsche, but not new to classics.... my passion in the past has been the BMC stable and Volvo/Saab with the odd Yank muscle car thrown in..

Hope you can help me

Regards

Steve

i assume this is the black one?

wiper blades are porsche/vw/audi generic,something from wurth will fit

engine is nearly the same as kombi(type4)73-80

shift has "dogleg 1st"

R...2...4

shift is usually atrocious in these things

Clarkie,

Wiper arms are much smaller than anything else that is easy to find, but shred with early VW and Porsche parts. It gets hard to find replacement soft rubber parts too.

Gearbox is awkward and dog legged. Reverse is where 1st would normally be, 1st is left flush up against the spring plate and then "down". 2-3-4-5 is then the rest of the positions.

I have a beautiful 914 that is currently for sale... If anyone out there wants a really clean and original car, at a price that is about 10K short of what it owes me, check out this link:

http://www.blyfooze.com/2010/11/vw-porsche-914-for-sale/

Kiran

post-328-130173203344_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived