Series Land Rover improved with a chip

OK the brakes aren't as Brembosih as your latest 911 , but can you fix your car's electrics with a  potato?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2960913/Mechanic-fixes-Land-Rover-POTATO.html

'Amazingly, it started instantly, so I followed the owner to the garage and he said the vehicle had never driven so well!'

Might have to do that mod myself. Cheap.

Hammond winched one up a dam in Top Gear the other night. They were re-making an ad that Landy did in the '80's. Reminded me that I would love to own one.

I had a mid 90's Wrangler back in the early noughties and raised it a few inches, put some 33 inch rock tyres on it, added air locking diffs and re-geared it to 4.10's to handle the tyres. Had some great adventures in that thing. 

I bought brand new Landcruisers (with all the goodies) for 20 years. But the old Landy gives me much bigger thrills. 

The problem is I always get stopped by people wanting to talk old Landies, even today at the recycling centre "there was this program about Land Rovers yesterday on ABC"

Hammond should grow a pair. Thousands of pioneers did stuff far more dangerous in Land Rovers , back when men were men and films were silent.

I took my S3 to the recycling centre today (I don't get kerbside whatnot)

The Landy was the only car I saw that will still be alive in another 40 years.

As long as the planet still supports potato growth.

how did you get home?

:ph34r:

how did you get home?

:ph34r:

Very good question!

On my birecycle is the answer ; very green of me.

This morning the Landy was used to recycle an errant possum to another part of the environment. And then I went to work in my son's Toyota 86 ; wow these would make a great daily driver.

Archived