HELP! Child Seat Anchors 07 911 C2S 997

prices05

• 1 month later...
On 08/08/2020 at 11:43, mbedford said:

Hey guys, sharing my experience. I just bought a 997 Carrera S Cab and needed seats for a 2 & 1/2 and 4 & 1/2 children.

• For the 2  & 1/2 yer old - Britax Safe n sound Compaq, was the smallest (and lightest) seat they have, and with proper adjustment, just fitted with the roof closed. Cost $89 (shepa cos its a booster seat) This seat lasts up to 4 year olds.
  • For the 4 & 1/2 year old - Britax Safe n Sound Tourer which is a booster seat, and fits even better with more space than the above one. Cost $299 This seat lasts up to when they dont need a child seat anymore.

Fitting for both, $35 total.

Wont share photos but trust me they fit all good :)

Top shout out to Porsche Sydney South for being SO helpful on the Phoenix and even finding and pointing me to this forum thread!
Top shout to BabyThings in East village centre, Zetland, Sydney for finding and fitting the 2 seats.

Bonus info: Porsche confirmed the official Porsche 991 child seats are not Australian approved, so cannot be bought or used here.

Hi MBedford just checking: did you already have anchor points for the child seats (other posts mention cutting the carpet however seems to read for coupe not cabriolet) or can the seats just be fixed by seatbelt only? Looking at buying a convertible booster seat for 1yr old and uncertain if possible to attach correctly in 996 Cab

On 19/02/2021 at 05:56, mbedford said:

I have a Australian delivered 2006 997 cab, all the legal anchor points for the top tether are there. No cutting of carpet, there are little carpet hatches that pop in and out, easy.

Thanks so much for your reply. I have a picture of the 996 (2003) rear seat situation we can't seem to find any anchor points unfortunately . Behind the plastic square part are just bits related to the soft top 

IMG_20210220_161459216.jpg

• 10 months later...

Hi all, looking for some pics of child seat anchor location on a 997 Cabriolet,

I have just imported my 997 C4S cabrio from the UK, where I owned and enjoyed it for the past 7 years.   Australian compliance require inspection of the anchor points in order for the car to be registered.   I'm reluctant to take the knife to the carpet behind the seats without knowing where the points should be, as there is no obvious tracing of lines to cut around and I can't see from the photos uploaded by other forum members clearly where the points should be on the cabrio. 

I've attached some pics of the rear seats and one with the carpet lined panel behind the seats removed.

If anyone can help with some pics or a video call to show the location, I would be hugely grateful.

Cheers, Simon

Interior 1 sml.jpeg

Interior 2 sml.jpeg

6 minutes ago, tomo said:

Thanks Tomo.   I saw that link and the pics there  are for a 997 coupe.    The cabrio doesn’t have a parcel shelf because of the soft top and rollbar mechanisms.   I have read that the anchors are somewhere behind the seats / concealed by carpet, just not obvs where!

Cheers!

11 minutes ago, Smithy76 said:

Thanks Tomo.   I saw that link and the pics there  are for a 997 coupe.    The cabrio doesn’t have a parcel shelf because of the soft top and rollbar mechanisms.   I have read that the anchors are somewhere behind the seats / concealed by carpet, just not obvs where!

Cheers!

Sorry Smithy,  Did not read the fine print :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My UK 2006 997.1 had them under the parcel shelf carpet but the carpet wasn't perforated. I removed the carpet and it is obvious from the underside foam where I needed to cut so I cut the slots out for them. This was what they did if you took it to the dealership to expose them until they updated the carpet with the perforation which made it easier. You will want a long sharp blade to do this as the foam is super thick and hard to cut. 

I only cut my carpet because I plan on using them with a car seat. 

If you aren't planning on using them just take the carpet out and get the inspection done with them exposed.