Rear valance for 3.2 Carrera

Simonk

I have one from an SC that is ripe for being cut up!  Open to offers and happy to post.

Sc and 3.2 valances differ in shape... An sc valance wouldn't line up properly on a 3.2 rear ..

Sc and 3.2 valances differ in shape... An sc valance wouldn't line up properly on a 3.2 rear ..

Are you sure Smule? Pelican has them listed as the same part number.

Thanks Steamwolf for the response. I've just checked with the local wrecker and they have a couple at a price that wouldn't make it worth your trouble to send yours.

100% positive. I went down this path last year when sourcing a replacement for mine.

The bumper over riders differ from sc to 3.2 (check part numbers) while they appear similar the length and curve to the bottom is different so a sc valance will not sit flush with the overrides. The sc valance also has a pronounced lip at the bottom which the 3.2 doesn't.

I'm sure I still have the used sc one lying around, I'll try dig it up this weekend and you can dummy it up to see what I'm talking about.

Edit: the reason pelican shows the same number balance panel may be due to US spec over riders which are different to our ROW spec. Again you will see this in pelican part numbers for over riders.

All sorted. Picked up a 3.2 valance from Dave at AllSports. Even has the 2nd outlet already cut out which is a plus. Thanks for the referral Sam. Seems like a great guy and some very interesting stuff in his warehouse.

Archived