Welcome new feature for PCV

928srule

It's great to now have a chat site for the well-loved but much-maligned front-engined Porsches. I've had 2 928s and one 944 with the accompanying pitfalls and pleasures. I look forward to sharing some experiences and chatting with fellow PCV members.

Roger Holding Geelong

It's great to now have a chat site for the well-loved but much-maligned front-engined Porsches. I've had 2 928s and one 944 with the accompanying pitfalls and pleasures. I look forward to sharing some experiences and chatting with fellow PCV members.

Roger Holding Geelong

Welcome Roger!

Looking forward to your stories of the Land Sharks and others...

Kerry

Hi Kerry - are you a fellow 928 desperate?

Well strictly speaking, no. When I raised the idea of turning the family 4 door into a family 2 door 2+2... being shot down in flames doesn't quite describe it! ;):lol:

I think they're a great looking and sounding car (never driven one), and I love seeing the couple of trackday beasts at comp' days booting it down the straights... but no, rear engines for me.

;)

Kerry

• 2 months later...

Hi Roger,Kerry,

Kerry I thought the drive behind my S2 on skinny tyres might have changed your perspective on front engine 944's ?

Cheers, 9fan.

:D

Driving behind your S2 did confirm one thing for me, my road tyres are crap! I'd thought to put on the R tyres in preparation for the comp' year however decided against it when there was a possibility of rain. When you see the video (which should be posted later today, I'll send a link to you to a private, passworded site), you'll hear in the last section up to the mount, quite a bit of "chatter" from my rubber where you didn't appear to be making any!

Thoroughly enjoyed the drive though, cheers again.

Kerry

:D

Driving behind your S2 did confirm one thing for me, my road tyres are crap! I'd thought to put on the R tyres in preparation for the comp' year however decided against it when there was a possibility of rain. When you see the video (which should be posted later today, I'll send a link to you to a private, passworded site), you'll hear in the last section up to the mount, quite a bit of "chatter" from my rubber where you didn't appear to be making any!

Thoroughly enjoyed the drive though, cheers again.

Kerry

Kerry,

What were your Roadies ? I used the now superseded Bridgestone S02 but absolutly Love them. Would be interested to know if anyone has used the Adrenalins RE001 that superseded them ?

Cheers, 9fan.

Archived