Driver's door window replacement

968GTA

Hi All,

The drivers door window fell out of the track and I was able to lift it back up into place and hold there by raising the scissor lift mechanism up underneath it.

There are two slotted metal tracks on the bottom of the window where the two rollers on the lift arms are obviously meant to fit into. These rollers are metal, not plastic as some posts elsewhere seem to talk about, so maybe they've been replaced at some stage. I can't see any other broken bits lying around, so I'm guessing all I have to do is get the rollers back into the tracks. If this is correct, is there an easy way to get the rollers back in or does it mean disassembling the whole mechanism?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers, Laurie

Hi laurie can't help with an immediate answer but am going to do exactly the same thing today on my 76. Don't know if the mechs are similar but I'll let you know

Btw pelican or rennlist may yield your answer - google

Cheers Michel

Thanks for your reply, Michel. I have already checked out Rennlist, Pelican and a few other forums and it seems like the answer is to remove the mechanism from the door, replace/grease the rollers and refit. It appears that the rollers may be more easily slotted into the tracks when the mechanism is loose. 'They' say it's fairly easy to do, but I guess we'll both find out for ourselves. Good luck with yours and I eagerly await to hear how it went.

Cheers, Laurie.

Does anyone know where in OZ I can buy the plastic window rollers without having to buy the whole window mechs? I've tried aporschapart, Bea and Porsche themselves. I know they were available on Rennlist at one stage.

Cheers, Laurie

Laurie,

I may have a solution for you! check out this kit on the pelican parts web site! im ordering two kits while I have my doors stripped.

Product Info

Pelican Parts

The part is made by RennBay

Window Regulator Roller Repair Kit

Code 10-2408-001-M995

$29.00 for a kit of 3 rollers

Hope this helps

Foyley

Archived