Moe to Licola

Guest vas930

Guest vas930

Turn off at Moe down the Haunted Hills road past Bryant Park and head to Tyres. Thats a great sprint on its own. go on to Glengary to Heyfeild,not so good.however the run on to Licola is a hoot. Good Brake pads a must. The run from Traralgon to Yarram to Leogatha back to Morwell is another great loop. Has anyone experienced these?

Guest vas930

Haunted Hills: Yes, my favourite, however these backroads: no.

Sounds like you've got an SMT to organise sometime in the future... ;)

Kerry

Hey vas930.

Usually we meet at or around the outskirts of Melbourne, but that can often mean more than one of us having to drive across town for more than an hour anyway.... Mornington (Frank) to Donvale, Sunbury (rEd?) to Mornington...

I reckon, build it and they will come. :D ...if they're serious... :P;)

Might be an idea to have it start a little bit later - we normally do it between 6.30 & 11/noon to avoid the other Sunday drivers! The Melbourne crew could start with a quick brekkie before coming down in convoy.

Maybe if we're coming down that far, we should share a glass of wine and a steak before the ride home? Worth thinking about anyway.

If you can organise that we could have clear, dry roads; a distinct absence of the constabulary; and more than a far whack of the twisties, that would be cool also! ;):D

Cheers,

Kerry

Guest vas930

Hey vas930.

Usually we meet at or around the outskirts of Melbourne, but that can often mean more than one of us having to drive across town for more than an hour anyway.... Mornington (Frank) to Donvale, Sunbury (rEd?) to Mornington...

I reckon, build it and they will come. :D ...if they're serious... :P;)

Might be an idea to have it start a little bit later - we normally do it between 6.30 & 11/noon to avoid the other Sunday drivers! The Melbourne crew could start with a quick brekkie before coming down in convoy.

Maybe if we're coming down that far, we should share a glass of wine and a steak before the ride home? Worth thinking about anyway.

If you can organise that we could have clear, dry roads; a distinct absence of the constabulary; and more than a far whack of the twisties, that would be cool also! ;):D

Cheers,

Kerry

Guest vas930

OK Kerry I lived in Gippsland for most of my life so I know the area well. I will start mapping a loop out. As its a bit of a drive to get started lunch is a great idea. Late July? Early August? Oh I will have you be in charge of the weather, if thats ok.

vas930,

You should have a PM chat with Paul (PCM911T) who is in Lakes Entrance, he'd be interested in co-hosting a run I'm pretty sure. Surely there are some other members we could dig up from down your way as well...

Kerry

Guest vas930

vas930,

You should have a PM chat with Paul (PCM911T) who is in Lakes Entrance, he'd be interested in co-hosting a run I'm pretty sure. Surely there are some other members we could dig up from down your way as well...

Kerry

Good idea Kerry.Will do. I live in Rye these days but miss the roads of Gippsland.

D'oh! I should've seen that...

:rolleyes:

FYI: When you reply to a post, just click under the "quote", and start typing there, and it will look like this reply to your post...

Kerry

Guest vas930

Explorer. Sorry Kerry as you can tell Im new to computers. If its got no oil or pistons Im useless.Fast reply seems to be OK for me. Let me know if I become unbearable. OH What was wrong with the telephone!

LOL!!! (laugh out loud! ;):P )

I might be wrong, but telephones seem to be less reliable than they used to be as well! :D

Ah well, different folks, different strokes - if I had to change my oil, or find a piston in my car.... well you'd looking at far worse than a double reply on a forum board! LMAO!!! (laugh my arse off!!)

;)

Kerry

Hi Vas,

I reckon an SMT in Gippsland would be a great idea.

If you give enough notification people can organise themselves ahead of time.

Some of us will need the extra warning time to build up enough brownie points on the home front to get the day off ;):)

Archived