2 x Michelin Pilot Sport 225/40ZR18 as new tyres

Some of you would have seen my introduction thread on my 993 imported from Hong Kong here http://porscheforum.com.au/index.php?/topic/6598-new-member-96-993-c2-en-route/

IMG_0583_Fotor.jpg-L.jpg

Well, I have decided I'm not happy with the stretch of the 225/40ZR18's on my 8.5" Tramont Cups and would like to replace them with 235/40. So, for anyone interested, I have 2 x 225/40ZR18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 (N3) 88Y tyres - both are dated week 25/2014.

Retail price appears to be $389 for these as they are the Z speed rating, but Jax have them at $305 each - https://www.jaxtyres.com.au/tyres/brands/michelin/pilot-sport-ps2?pid=73069 and Tempe Tyres at $290.

Condition is pretty much new. 300km since they were fitted. And that 300km has been to and from Autohaus, and a couple of peak hour trips to the office - no spirited driving as yet unfortunately!

Asking $200 each or best offer. I'm located Northern Beaches in Sydney.

Thanks,
Ross

e48beaed-3537-49d7-961c-b8fa7d8f81c1_1-L

IMG_3103-L.jpg

IMG_3078-L.jpg

If you place a tape measure on your 225's they'll probably only measure out at 205ish.

I think the N3 approved fronts are deliberately made under width to improve steering feel.

I guess it come back to whether you prefer feel or phatts.

Thanks Peter M.

I'm basing this decision not on looks, but on performance - and everything I read indicates that an 8.5" rim should optimally be running a 235/245 width tyre. If the PS2 is even narrower than spec, then that could make things less optimal than another brand. I'm going to drop the price to $200 per tyre to see if there is any interest, as my window of opportunity to make a swap is really now, not after I put more mileage on these tyres.

Screen_Shot_2015-07-24_at_13.52.35.thumb

Thanks,
Ross.

Peter.

No specific issues at the moment, just trying to have the optimal tyre fitted for the rim width. My HK mechanic didn't fit the appropriate size, so in an ideal world I'll correct that. If no takers on the 225's then I'll continue to run them till worn and eventually replace with 235's. Just being pedantic :)

Looks likely they'll be staying.

Ross.

• 7 months later...

Archived