turning circle of a 964

turboT

huge

googled it to see if this was a common issue and found this guy with a few other gripes :) (talking about his RS)

"Noisy, harsh riding, uncomfortable cars! Difficult to climb in and even more so to climb out of, no door actuated interior light, no rear seats. You need two hands to operate the luggage lid strut when loading the shopping at Tescos, and if the wind catches the lid it will fall, burying the catch into the back of your neck. If a yoghurt falls out of the shopping bag it can disappear into a corner of the boot where it will only be discovered once it has turned into something nasty. 

No central locking, squeaky brakes, poor ground clearance and a horribly heavy steering with a turning radius of bus. A nightmare in multi storey car parks. The wheels are made of a material which is, 20 years on, way past it´s sell-by date, and corrodes quicker than a 70´s Lancia. The idle is erratic at times, and the lightweight flywheel and clutch very senitive, making the long M25 daily commuter runs in stop/go traffic tedious and smelly. The manual window winders are a pain at ticket boxes and tollgates. 

The unsilenced transmission noises mean that every new passenger has to be reasured that a capital breakdown isn´t about to happen. The lack of heated rear window and heated rear mirrors means that backing out of a cul-de-sac on a cold wet day is near impossible. Turning round because of the steering lock, equally so! Limited manual seat adjustment and lack of exterior mirror actuators means teaching your daughter to drive will take hours of setting up. 

Did I miss anything? 
Oh yes, the fog lights don´t work!

I would suggest waiting until next summer. They are bound to come down in price once everyone realises how impractical they are. .-)

Is this guy serious ?? 

Love it! Sounds like a guy in the market for an RS, weakly attempting to mess with perception, nice oneB)

huge

googled it to see if this was a common issue and found this guy with a few other grips :) (talking about his RS)

"Noisy, harsh riding, uncomfortable cars! Difficult to climb in and even more so to climb out of, no door actuated interior light, no rear seats. You need two hands to operate the luggage lid strut when loading the shopping at Tescos, and if the wind catches the lid it will fall, burying the catch into the back of your neck. If a yoghurt falls out of the shopping bag it can disappear into a corner of the boot where it will only be discovered once it has turned into something nasty. 

No central locking, squeaky brakes, poor ground clearance and a horribly heavy steering with a turning radius of bus. A nightmare in multi storey car parks. The wheels are made of a material which is, 20 years on, way past it´s sell-by date, and corrodes quicker than a 70´s Lancia. The idle is erratic at times, and the lightweight flywheel and clutch very senitive, making the long M25 daily commuter runs in stop/go traffic tedious and smelly. The manual window winders are a pain at ticket boxes and tollgates. 

The unsilenced transmission noises mean that every new passenger has to be reasured that a capital breakdown isn´t about to happen. The lack of heated rear window and heated rear mirrors means that backing out of a cul-de-sac on a cold wet day is near impossible. Turning round because of the steering lock, equally so! Limited manual seat adjustment and lack of exterior mirror actuators means teaching your daughter to drive will take hours of setting up. 

Did I miss anything? 
Oh yes, the fog lights don´t work!

I would suggest waiting until next summer. They are bound to come down in price once everyone realises how impractical they are. .-)

T, others will likely know more about this than me, but from personal experience the C4 has a larger turning circle than the C2. Additionally something was done to the steering stops with the move from 16 to 17 inch wheels, which I think affected turning circle? Someone else may know more... But yes, compared to our Up! both are like a harbour tanker!

Archived