1.2 bar spring

I agree with Vas, you would be putting enormous strain on the engine and things will defnitely go wrong. Stick with what JNR356 suggested. K27 turbo upgrade, one bar wastegate spring and change the cams to something like SC cams. This is exactly what I did in mine and it was awesome. More than enough power to frighten the day lights out me. :blink::blink:

Cheers

Chris

Guest vas930

Even .8 Bar on a stock engine is more what I would run. Chris is spot on ,with some small changes these things can frighten the hell out of you. I dont want to sound repetitive, but I think you need to have a more complete plan. The whole thing must work together or you can end up with a lagy time bomb. Read more on the info I gave you, have something thats reliable and reduce the lag with the changes you make. Please take note of what I said on the fuel supply, if you increase the air, the fuel must also. If not KABLAMO !

You may also want to talk to Loui at Motion Automotive. He builds great turbo engines that last. Be warned, he is a no BS guy that tells it as it is, but a great bloke. Good luck. Vas.

Thanx guys...

Can I remachine the cold air side housing on my stock turbo for a larger impeller, so I can gain quicker boost down low? I can't get out of 2nd gear anyway....

yeah what vas said ,new turbo

your turbo lag can be eliminated by running above mentioned new cams(this is why they are recommended)

I would just get a new turbo. Tech has come a long way in the last 30 years. Why cant you get out of 2nd gear?

You guys are champions!!!!

I will buy the new Turbo K27 HFS, and do the cams. My mechanic has recommended me to a fantastic exhaust manufacturer, who will put together a 4" dual exhaust (In black), Schnell

Headers with heat for those drives to Olinda, followed by a EVO cold air intake and a Tial Wastegate. Do I need to adjust the WUR and fuel?

I am thinking these modifications should be enough power for street use. I don't drive the car much and generally not on open roads, hence in 2 nd gear all the time.

Once the vehicle is complete, I will consider having a quick run on a track.

Thank you

i prefer the kkk k27,good performance and reliability,relatively easy fit(important to me ,cause i despise butchery)

tried, tested and proven imho

but needs to have cams ,waste gate spring,performance exhaust system and preferably a slightly larger intercooler

for the package to work

You guys are champions!!!!

I will buy the new Turbo K27 HFS, and do the cams. My mechanic has recommended me to a fantastic exhaust manufacturer, who will put together a 4" dual exhaust (In black), Schnell

Headers with heat for those drives to Olinda, followed by a EVO cold air intake and a Tial Wastegate. Do I need to adjust the WUR and fuel?

I am thinking these modifications should be enough power for street use. I don't drive the car much and generally not on open roads, hence in 2 nd gear all the time.

Once the vehicle is complete, I will consider having a quick run on a track.

Thank you

yeah,i'd get fuel pressures checked

hope your mechanic has porsche experience,it aint as easy as bolting it all on ;)

i prefer the kkk k27,good performance and reliability,relatively easy fit(important to me ,cause i despise butchery)

tried, tested and proven imho

but needs to have cams ,waste gate spring,performance exhaust system and preferably a slightly larger intercooler

for the package to work

I hate butchery as well... Is the KKK K27 a bolt on unit? Who would be the cheapest and reliable supplier? I like the Kolkeln intercooler and have read

all positive results. I thought about the intercooler down the track as I am told that the stock intercooler should

be the last modification. What work is required for the fuel?

i did about six 930's ,like that just over two years ago at my previous employer over an 18 month? period

nearly one after another ,full engine builds plus extras(brakes g/boxes suspension)etc,etc

different combo's,with some engine components(be wary ,some well known heat exchangers fell apart at the flanges rapidly)some of those had scary hp ,not to be driven in drizzle

out of date with suppliers atm,been doing 901's,911's more recently

Guest vas930

Great advice jnr. I also hope your mech is familiar with Porsches, If not, give Loui a call at Motion Automotive. Good turbo man.

I also would be getting a good look at fuel pressure. These changes are starting to push the limits of a stock fuel set up.Please stay away from adjustable boost control,have it set at a safe level and be happy. Good Luck. :)

Archived