SC seat removal

PeterP

Folks,

Can anybody offer tips regarding the removal of a drivers seat? My seat is flat, and I have found at a wreckers, a squab (the bottom bit) to replace. So I have to remove my seat, take the top off, then remove the cover and apply it to the new base.

Whilst you may have been fooled for a nano second....this is a first for me,and probably something I would first like to try on a Holden Gemini rather than my beloved Porsche !! However, onward and upward; s if there are any tips out there I would much appreciate.

cheers

Peter :huh:

1st you will need a 1/4 drive socket set with a thin walled 10mmm socket

slide the seat fully back,this will expose the 2 bolts at the front of each seat rail,remove them

next slide seat fully forward,this exposes the 2 rear seat rail bolts,remove them

very carefully manouvere the seat out of the car,paying special attention so the rails do not scratc h your linings or worse paint

you can even slide the rails back to a central position so they are not protruding

done ;)

separating the backrest from the squab is a more trickier proposition and will probably require a more experienced hand,the hardest part disconnecting and reconnecting the tilt lever cable

a tricky operation for the untrained,but if you're confident give it a shot

Archived