polopolus

michel

you mean the 912 or the 911/4 motor?

Granted it is talking to a small end of the market - but the idea of a 100lb lighter OHC flat engine with similar capacity as the 6 would be a devilish pleasure. Pity that Porsche didn't continue with its development back in the early 60's

• 3 weeks later...

I am a purest with cars. Preserve them for the history of what once was.

I can't for the life of me understand the reasoning of big non original engines in original cars.

Sure work the engine in it if you must be the 912 has many fans due to its nimbleness and lighter weight.

Want a bigger 60's 912 - buy a 911.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a purest with cars. Preserve them for the history of what once was.

I can't for the life of me understand the reasoning of big non original engines in original cars.

Sure work the engine in it if you must be the 912 has many fans due to its nimbleness and lighter weight.

Want a bigger 60's 912 - buy a 911.

this is precisely what happens when you work a 912 motor, or a typ4 typ1 or a 911/4 - into a 912 shell. Remain lightweight=nimble=with a bigger smile all while preserving its originality as little to none has been done to the car that alters its purity.

Not sure for most 912 owners whether it is about wanting a 911 - might though be all about getting the best from their 912.

Archived