Any one have expercience in purchasing a car from QLD??

rckau

I'm about to purchase a Turbo that is located in QLD, The car has Finance owing and the owner wants me to payout the finance company so I can have a clear title, but the finance company wont issues a clear title until 5 business days has passed.

I really need some help here, so if anyone out there can give me some guidance or help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the reply.

Thats a bit hard as I need to pay out his lease so I can obtain a clear title which takes 5 business days to receive.

And if i pay him which is almost $300k and the finance company down here in 5 days goes belly up I loose the car and money.

And the person selling the car decides to leave this news to the very end, that the car is under lease.

So what am I to do, as he is saying he cant borrow funds from another source to payout the lease so I have a clear title before handing over the bank cheque and there is no real way of protecting myself against the finance company if they were going to do a runner.

What would you do.

Thanks for the reply.

Thats a bit hard as I need to pay out his lease so I can obtain a clear title which takes 5 business days to receive.

And if i pay him which is almost $300k and the finance company down here in 5 days goes belly up I loose the car and money.

And the person selling the car decides to leave this news to the very end, that the car is under lease.

So what am I to do, as he is saying he cant borrow funds from another source to payout the lease so I have a clear title before handing over the bank cheque and there is no real way of protecting myself against the finance company if they were going to do a runner.

What would you do.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm about to purchase a Turbo that is located in QLD, The car has Finance owing and the owner wants me to payout the finance company so I can have a clear title, but the finance company wont issues a clear title until 5 business days has passed.

I really need some help here, so if anyone out there can give me some guidance or help that would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

If you are still trying to do this transaction I may be able to help. My job is to organise finance so I know how it works. It is quite common for the purchaser of a privately sold vehicle to be concerned about the timing of payout/clear title. We've done it a few times and never had an issue.

If you are interested let me know. If you know the finance company I might be able to assist with the payout to give you some surity.

Darren

Archived