CAYENNE TT 955 9PA

glenn_a

Heya....! I'm new in here and its first time owning Porsche Cayenne 2004 4.5 TT.....

Just bought this from Victoria recently but the previous owner had too many hidden issues and I have to deal with it now. Just wondering if someone here can help us out eg. Tech Problems, please be easy on me even though I have mechanical experience but Porsche is not in my list yet lol.........

I have a "Keyless Entry" button on my outter door handle and its not working since I bought it, the remote works to lock and unlock but by pressing the black square button don't do anything at all but I would like to work if possible... 

Does it need to sync it with my remote again or any fuse to check or ?

I hope I hear from you all fellow 955CTT members... thank you?

Maybe join the Rennlist forums, they have a great Cayenne community and very responsive. I also just purchased my 1st Porsche, 2006 CTT. Beautiful cars and I was lucky to purchase from a great previous owner. GL and sorry I can't help you as Im not mechanical at all :(

Maybe join the Rennlist forums, they have a great Cayenne community and very responsive. I also just purchased my 1st Porsche, 2006 CTT. Beautiful cars and I was lucky to purchase from a great previous owner. GL and sorry I can't help you as Im not mechanical at all :(

oh okay... thanks for the INFO! yeah I might catch you there thanks!

I've got one as well, congrats on the purchase they are pretty bullet proof especially as far as the donk goes.  Only thing I would suggest is updating the coolant pipes to the steel ones if it hasn't already been done.

I've got one as well, congrats on the purchase they are pretty bullet proof especially as far as the donk goes.  Only thing I would suggest is updating the coolant pipes to the steel ones if it hasn't already been done.

yes I am thinking about that too but that would be my next on the list lol... At the moment I have few problems now like (first) the airbag light is on and the owner honestly said it was the front pass seat belt stalk and I replace that already but the light still lights on the dash...  (second) three weeks from purchase the dash sign Brake Booster Fail came up on the dash but I specifically ask the previous owner about the common brake booster fail and he says its been replaced few months back but now I have no Idea yet maybe vacuum leak and the (third) issue is sometimes in the morning when ever I start the CTT I hear a loud vibration noise and its sound like a idler pulley but it only last in a second and when ever the engine is warm then you'll never hear it...

hopefully find the problem soon.....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Glenn,  are you using a key with the car to start it,   or the keyless entry and drive dummy key ?

Don't quote me on it ,  but I thought the door buttons were only going to work if you had the dummy key inserted.

Airbag system may need a reset to clear it.  Dealer can do it easy enough. 

Cheers

Dale

Hi Glenn,  are you using a key with the car to start it,   or the keyless entry and drive dummy key ?

Don't quote me on it ,  but I thought the door buttons were only going to work if you had the dummy key inserted.

Airbag system may need a reset to clear it.  Dealer can do it easy enough...

thanks for the reply and good question too..!

yes I am using the key to start...

I have noticed when I was looking for a cayenne to buy I remember some cayenne have this key already in the ignition and some don't and thinking maybe you are right only if the Cayenne have this dummy key then we may have this keyless entry option...

About the Airbag I already sort that out, which I heard it was common problem on this Cayenne loosing contact under the passenger seat...

I found the vacuum leak one of the hose going to brake booster and that was fixed too ;)

Archived