951 Wins round II of the PCNSW Motorkhana

Today , Sydney MotorSport Park ( Eastern Creek ) Skid Pan , Round II of the Porsche Club NSW Motorkhana for 2016 , great turnout of around 35 or 36 Porsche's competing and nice weather , a bit cool but dry , the Motorkhana is conducted on the Skid Pan and is usually run dry in the morning sessions ( runs ) and after lunch the same runs ( patterns between witches hats ) are done again , but this time with the water recirculation on ( wet track )

Graeme Evans in his 3.8L RSR replica drove very well early on , same went for Rodney Loomes in his 987 Cayman S ( great driving & quick ) & special mention for excellent car control from Mark Bloxham in his 997 , but slowly and surely small mistakes were made by each one during the runs / sessions during the day ( wrong directions or hitting a cone etc ) this is penalised with seconds added ( depending on the type of mistake made) , this was allowing Sean Buchanan in his 1986 3.0L 16V 951 ( 944 Turbo ) to make his way up the ranks during the early to middle of the day , this is because Sean was not making mistakes and was just a bit off the others pace easy on ( I think he paces himself ), then by the last session / run Sean was a close 2nd outright & it all came down to the last session , Sean did a excellent run ( very fast and no mistakes ) leaving the others with a task of going out real quick & not making a single mistake , but a small mistake was made & this sealed Sean's outright win for the day 

This leaves Sean ( who won Round I as well ) in front of the Motorkhana Championship( for the moment ) & with two more rounds to go for the year I feel very sure Graeme, Rodney & Mark + others will be honing their skills even further , the great thing is, these guys all get on very well , which is what its all about , great competition among friends 

Big Thanks to all the volunteers who helped out at todays PCNSW event 

Regards

Bruce Buchanan

Buchanan Automotive

Archived