1 year on achilles 123s (open minded)

So it's been a year driving on Achilles 123s (265 40 R18 Square set up) and here's my overall opinion on them. Mind you I had an open mind going on to these. 

I paid $150 a corner for them. Cheap! yes. Only because they where bought in on a bulk order. I.e a container full. So i really didn't care how long they lasted, just wanted to try them out. 

How long did they last? 1 year. Ks? Don't know. mine ticks when it wants to. 10,000 ks? maybe more. 
How was it driven? At least a hand full of SMTs. most weekend to get from A to B. Held up quite well on the mountains. Couldn't get them to break traction in anyway. They had more to give, but limitations of the factory seats.  
Road noise? Yeah noticeable. Wasn't to loud, but it's there. 
Wet weather driving? When they're cold they suck. push the car hard enough it'll spin the tyres, or slide. Easy to manage, BUT No matter if they're warm or cold, They stop. Boy do they stop. ( i have no ABS mind you) right now they're pretty much past their ware indicators, and the other day it was raining, i did a brake rest from about 60ks and it stopped well still! 

Would i buy them again? Yes if i wanted a tyre i can just demolish and not care about to much. If someone was building a Budget fun car, I'd go straight to these. 

Next tyre will be Dunlop Direzza ZII. 

When it is tyre time I sometimes entertain the idea of Achilles 123's - have been told by a friend who tracks a jap car that they are solid bang for buck. I had a scary wet spin in my old car (rears were Nitto NT05's - also labelled as semi slicks) so I steer away from that type of tyre. In the tyres defence - they were cold, road was wet and happened pre quaife install. 

When it is tyre time I sometimes entertain the idea of Achilles 123's - have been told by a friend who tracks a jap car that they are solid bang for buck. I had a scary wet spin in my old car (rears were Nitto NT05's - also labelled as semi slicks) so I steer away from that type of tyre. In the tyres defence - they were cold, road was wet and happened pre quaife install. 

Most semi slick tyres, when it's wet and you slide the car, it usually ends in a mess. There's no where for the water to be channeled though. 

I know it's hard for people to think much of a cheaper brand tyre, especially an unknown tyre brand. But damn, i was quite impressed. Better than the rest of the cheaper brands i must say. 

I can chime in here as I've run the same tires on my 951 in 265/35/r18 all round. My brother also used them on his R33 GTR and had the same experience as me.

Great bang for buck if you are looking for a cheaper performance tire to thrash around. Not quite good enough for serious track days though. When they get very hot they start to de-laminate and form blisters on the tire. As expected from a cheap soft compound, they also wear out quite quickly. I got about 3000km and 3 track days out of mine.

Archived