928 auto transmission

Gregk

Hi ANF.

Yes, at this stage we seem to have had a win with the auto transmission. Have driven the car maybe 5 times with no issues. Unfortunately the fuel system has slowly blocked up since!!

Hi Tassieman

Yes I have read that permatex Indian head gasket shellac is the stuff to use, but its description says for low pressure applications and preferably paper and cardboard gaskets!

Hi ANF.

Yes, at this stage we seem to have had a win with the auto transmission. Have driven the car maybe 5 times with no issues. Unfortunately the fuel system has slowly blocked up since!!

Hi Tassieman

Yes I have read that permatex Indian head gasket shellac is the stuff to use, but its description says for low pressure applications and preferably paper and cardboard gaskets!

Hi Greg,

Assume you have changed fuel filters and run fresh fuel through? I am currently doing this to mine along with starting to replace every vacuum and fuel line and.... to chase down a miss/ lumpy idle!

One of the Loctite gasket sealers should work?

Yes ANF. I have had the tank out and cleaned, new filters, blown air and cleaner through hard and soft fuel lines,new spark plugs, pulled the injectors out and checked them at a mercedes mechanic. Idle is actually pretty good, just losing power/fuel at revs. Pulled the FD apart, and I reckon the tiny filters were blocked under the fuel lines going to the injectors. Soaked and cleaned them, and it all seemed better, but couldn't get a seal on the new gasket......

Has been a long story thus far eh!

Sometimes it is the little things that frustrate so much and can take the most time.....

I had a look at the Loctite catalogue and some may suit your needs, suitable for manifold sealing and up to I think 300 deg C?

Archived