Shrinkage problems?

Stepo

Now I have your attention :o , can't help with medical issues, but may be able to help with your window rubber squeegee :D .

The squeegee is the rubber that sits on the outside door trim and cleans water away as the window goes down.

I replaced mine about a year ago and within a short time noticed they shrunk by about 8mm on both sides.

post-354-0-84135600-1326436509_thumb.jpg

I recently purchased a new set and left them sitting under my garage sky light in direct sunlight prior to fitment. I measured the total length prior to placement, and was surprised to see they had shrunk 7mm in just two weeks. There were a few good mid 30's days and the length recently stabilised.

I have now fitted the new rubbers and hope to have a few years without worrying about shrinkage.

post-354-0-89751800-1326436523_thumb.jpg

Try pre-shrinking your squeegee, it doesn't hurt ;)

Cheers,

Peter

• 10 months later...

Well i think its natural fact because the heat of sun can do this. so don't be worry about this. Because the molecules of rubber are stretchable so when they face the heat for a 6 months period then they shrink and become smaller and you can't protect them from sun rays.

Archived