Clutch Question?

Digital Mouth

• 2 weeks later...

Literally just had this completed yesterday. 

Yes they are the perfect match. I also had the rear main seal and IMS seal done; whilst the gearbox was out.

Hey Ed, how much did this set you back? I did some quick searching on those with Mr Google, and I'm now very nervous about having to replace a clutch in my boxster

Literally just had this completed yesterday. 

Yes they are the perfect match. I also had the rear main seal and IMS seal done; whilst the gearbox was out.

I'd love to know the dollars involved too Ed if you don't mind sharing. Did the mechanics doing the work give you much feedback about the condition of the rear main seal and IMS seal?

cheers

Dan

Hey Ed, how much did this set you back? I did some quick searching on those with Mr Google, and I'm now very nervous about having to replace a clutch in my boxster

if you've got a 987.2 (like your profile suggests) then there is no need to worry about the IMS bearing as the .2 doesn't have an IMS. 

if you've got a 987.2 (like your profile suggests) then there is no need to worry about the IMS bearing as the .2 doesn't have an IMS. 

Hi t888. I'm in the .1 basket. Might add 06 to my profile. 

I know. I was referring to the price for the clutch.

Thats why I got a 987.2 (although I missed the bit about the high pressure fuel pump failures. Thank God for Porsche warranty :) )

I bought the clutch kit, the flywheel bolts, the rear main seal and Dual mass flywheel for around $1800 inc shipping from NSW to VIC.

Everywhere i read, it recommended doing the IMS seal and the rear main seal whilst the gearbox was out.

Total Labour from Porsche Centre Melb was around the $2000 mark. They found a part cracked in there and replaced it also. Bear in mind that they will have to drain the oil out of the engine too so grab a couple of 5ltr packs and take with you.

I bought the clutch kit, the flywheel bolts, the rear main seal and Dual mass flywheel for around $1800 inc shipping from NSW to VIC.

Everywhere i read, it recommended doing the IMS seal and the rear main seal whilst the gearbox was out.

Total Labour from Porsche Centre Melb was around the $2000 mark. They found a part cracked in there and replaced it also. Bear in mind that they will have to drain the oil out of the engine too so grab a couple of 5ltr packs and take with you.

Thanks for the information Ed. The prices all seem quite reasonable.  Where did you source the parts from?

Cheers
Daniel

Archived