Can your SUV climb stairs?

When vw brought out the syncro dual cab back in the 90's they brought a couple out to the department of agriculture property I worked at in the Adelaide hills for a test drive day. We had an old quarry there that had about a 50 degree slope on the wall. We used to try out the landcruisers, patrols and so on when we got new 4x4's. None could get to the top. But the vw flew up there.

When vw brought out the syncro dual cab back in the 90's they brought a couple out to the department of agriculture property I worked at in the Adelaide hills for a test drive day. We had an old quarry there that had about a 50 degree slope on the wall. We used to try out the landcruisers, patrols and so on when we got new 4x4's. None could get to the top. But the vw flew up there.

South African farmer friend said his series Landies would go up steep places 80s Toyotas etc wouldn't. The guy I bought mine from confirmed this. Nothing to do with clearance, just the engineering. I am starting to eye off likely steps around Hobart to try!

Archived