Reconditioning Fuchs...

Kerry

Hi All,

My 15" fuchs are starting to look a bit tired, and it might be time to consider breathing some new life into them. Does anyone have any experience with having their rims reconditioned? If so, what is the process, where have you had it done, and what sort of cost?

Cheers,

Kerry

Hi All,

My 15" fuchs are starting to look a bit tired, and it might be time to consider breathing some new life into them. Does anyone have any experience with having their rims reconditioned? If so, what is the process, where have you had it done, and what sort of cost?

Cheers,

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

I had a set of 16" Fuchs wheels restored at Coburg Mag Wheel Polishing who did a great job . Gutter rash removed through machining, rims polished to mirror finish, and centers resprayed in the colour of the car. Cost was about $200 per wheel (they needed a bit of work). You can see a picture of my car with the wheels in the gallery of this forum:

I've had wheels for my previous Porsche and my wife's BMW done there before, and the result were always excellent. For comparison a set of 16" Porsche 944 wheels with minor gutter rash and needing a respray in the original silver colour cost less than $500 to make them look brand new again.

Contact details:

Coburg Mag Wheel Polishing & Repair Centre

27 Audrey Ave, Coburg, VIC 3058

p: (03) 93544641

Cheers,

Alex

• 2 months later...

Archived