Car Bra

Glenn

Hi All.

I'm driving my beloved '84 Carrera from Warrnambool to Mackay Qld in 3 weeks. Got myself a new job up there. Looked at enclosed transport but door to door delivery options are either limited or prohibitively expensive. I'm looking at getting a car bra for the trip to reduce stone chip damage etc. Can anyone recommend a local supplier who knows 911's?

Thanks.

Glenn.

Glen, I don't particularly like Car Bras. 3M make a clear protective film which some detailers and auto paint shops have. A six inch wide strip at the leading edge of the bonnet has protected me from chips for the last 4 years. Cost $50 applied and can be removed easily.

Cheers

Paul M

Thanks for all the advice and comments guys. I really was after the car bra to get maximum coverage for bumper and spoiler. I'm aware of the possibility of rubbing and was planning to place some soft felt on the areas prone to this. It will really only be a one off use, or at most used on very rare interstate trip occasions. When the car eventually comes back to Vic in years to come it will get a respray but in the meantime I'd like to keep it looking as good as possible.

Regards,

Glenn.

• 4 weeks later...

Glen - I have the sexy black little number from CarBra Australia and I have always used it on the highway - it really is terriffic EXCEPT that you can't open the bonnet without taking off the bra. I think you could have them make a velco panel to allow the bonnet to be opened. I have been meaning to call in and have them do this, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

Mine is a great fit and they took about 30 minutes to fit it up initially - I paid $400 (cash) in January 2011 for mine - they are always ready to do a deal.... Go here and take a look http://www.carbra.com.au/

Cheers

Neil

Hi Neil. Thanks for that. I did end up getting carbra to make one for me about 3 weeks ago now. I hear what your saying about bonnet access. I just put stuff in there I don't plan on taking out. I'm halfway to Mackay, driving from Warrnambool and judging by the amount of bugs and general muck on the carbra it is well worth it. My car is a big girl now, she has her first bra!!

Regards, Glenn.

Archived