987.2 Boxster Spyder

Ozvino

Interested to understand how a 987.2 Spyder compares to a 981 S.  The former are around $120k (2 on market now, 1 manual, 1 PDK).  The latter can be had from $85k (blue manual on carsales now).  On paper, it seems they have virtually identical power, weight and 0-100.

Obviously rarity increases desirability and value.  Aside from obvious visual differences, what else changes on Spyder?  is the Spyder more focussed in suspension setup, for example?   Anyone driven them back to back?

and then there's the 981 Spyder (GT4 cheaper sibling).  none on market that I've seen and presumably closer to $200k following GT4 lead?

and then there's the 981 Spyder (GT4 cheaper sibling).  none on market that I've seen and presumably closer to $200k following GT4 lead?

This one (not listed as a Spyder for some reason, which is why you wouldn't have found it) has been sitting for a little while @ $220k.

Yep! PSE, Sport Chrono and Sports Wheel. Great combo.

Mine came with Sports Chrono too but the previous owner put in a Carnewal exhaust, I'd be interested to compare how they sound.

This one (not listed as a Spyder for some reason, which is why you wouldn't have found it) has been sitting for a little while @ $220k.

There was a silver 981 Spyder (ACT car) listed in Nov for around $180-190K which has now been sold. 

Healthy uplift on $169k list price (before on roads and options).  Doubt it will achieve that with that interior - horrid to my eye.  Exterior looks good though.

only 7kW down on a GT4 but full 3.8 wail behind your head with the roof down would be pretty cool.

Interested to understand how a 987.2 Spyder compares to a 981 S.  The former are around $120k (2 on market now, 1 manual, 1 PDK).  The latter can be had from $85k (blue manual on carsales now).  On paper, it seems they have virtually identical power, weight and 0-100.

Obviously rarity increases desirability and value.  Aside from obvious visual differences, what else changes on Spyder?  is the Spyder more focussed in suspension setup, for example?   Anyone driven them back to back?

Yes, the 987 Spyder has 20mm lowered suspension over stock coupled with 19 inch lighter Spyder rims.

Changes from a 987 Boxster S.

- 20mm lower than PASM equipped Boxster
- Increased spring stiffness 10% front and 30% rear
- Stiffer front anti-roll bar, same rear
- Changes to the damping, reduced rebound and increased compression

The Spyder also has LSD and in comparison to my 987 Boxster S, it really contributes significantly to taking turns. Makes it so much easier. Even with H&R lowering springs on my BS, the Spyder has almost no body roll (probably due to having less unsprung weight and a well tuned suspension) and I can make very small adjustments mid turn (to which the Spyder responds immediately), you feel more connected to the car. 

Archived