Windscreen replacement recommendations Brisbane

Can anyone in Brisbane recommend a business/ tradesperson that does windscreen replacement or resealing for my 944?  I have a leak (at the top of the windscreen) that needs plugging & I understand that it normally necessitates a completely new windscreen as the old one normally gets broken in the removal process.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

cheers,

Jason

I know this is going to be the wrong answer but Porsche centre Brisbane. They did mine and did a great job. If it is a new screen it is going to come from them anyway as windscreens O'Brien couldn't supply for my 981 Cayman. Mine was done under insurance so I didn't get to see the whole scary bill but I know the screen alone was $1800. Good luck!

I just got a new windscreen fitted on Jr's 944 last week ..... I accidently smashed it while working on the car.

I went through my insurer as my policy has 1 x free replacement per year (excess free and no penalty). It was done at Windscreens O'Brians. They had it in stock and it took them an hour to fit. No complaints .....

Just as a side thought ....

I had a mobile windscreen guy come over and remove the windscreen in my 911 due to the rubber lifting slightly. When removed, there were a couple of minor surface rust spots, so I drove it to my spray guy and got them treated and primed.

When the windscreen guy returned, the rubber was sealed up properly and ..... voila! .... nicely sealed windscreen.

It did help that the windscreen guy was old school and had worked on old school cars for a chunk of time. It gave me more confidence that he knew how to deal with the classic stuff.

Just as a side thought ....

I had a mobile windscreen guy come over and remove the windscreen in my 911 due to the rubber lifting slightly. When removed, there were a couple of minor surface rust spots, so I drove it to my spray guy and got them treated and primed.

When the windscreen guy returned, the rubber was sealed up properly and ..... voila! .... nicely sealed windscreen.

It did help that the windscreen guy was old school and had worked on old school cars for a chunk of time. It gave me more confidence that he knew how to deal with the classic stuff.

Thanks mate, jJust spoke to an old Skool PFAer here in Bris that knows a guy in the industry.  I will go see him when he returns from his Xmas break.  Meanwhile I will just go get a water proof car cover......mucho big sighs........fuchin rain,  fuchin windscreen, fuchin Porsches - no scratch that last bit.  Drove it to work this morning - big smiles.

Just out of curiosity, what were you doing?

I bought a new set of bonnet struts as the old ones were no good anymore ....

What I didn't know at the time (but I do now) is that if you raise the bonnet too far while trying to fit the strut, the corner hits the glass and instantly cracks it .... then you go for a drive and the stupid things spreads like nothing else.

Oh well, we live and learn .....

Archived