Back

cyberpunky

Well after 17 months I have my baby back. After having a bad experience and mistakes being made on my car, I was left in the lurch by my former mechanic. I decided to try and get car sorted on my own. After going from one end of the car and replacing nearly everything, car was still having serious issues. The reality was that due to whatever reason the original air flow meter(AFM) was playing up which the DME/ECU needs to run properly. I decided to use a system from the USA that was meant to be basically plug n play but we just couldn't get working.

I enlisted the help of Stuart at 9 auto and we still couldn't get her going. Sent new ECU back to the states but after 3 months it came back and still didn't work. Going down this path also meant the car was off the road for well over 12 months, and still no solution. I bit the bullet and got a different system from europe. It arrived a few weeks later and car fired straight up. It has bluetooth and autotune, so after a 15 minute drive with the laptop, car was purring like a kitten. It really needs some dyno time but that will have to wait. Stuart did a great job and am extremely grateful for his help and patience.

15326587_10210988074799386_5715372893249

Good to hear, is the new system you got VEMS? I've had my eye on it for a while and plan on getting it late next year. Keen to hear how you go with it.

It certainly is the VEMS set up. Peep was great to deal with and car is running great, just off autotune(a big reason I went this route).

With money I ended up spending, I could have just gone stand alone from the start but had no idea I would have to buy 2 systems to get one that worked lol VEMS certainly works well and has plenty of scope for tuning if that's what you desire. 

Really interested to hear your thoughts on the VEMS as you get to drive your car a bit more Bruce.

As far as I know you're the first Australian owner to be running the VEMS ECU. Did you notice the response improve with autotune compared to your factory DME setup?

Really interested to hear your thoughts on the VEMS as you get to drive your car a bit more Bruce.

As far as I know you're the first Australian owner to be running the VEMS ECU. Did you notice the response improve with autotune compared to your factory DME setup?

I just found out we mounted air temp sensor in wrong place. It is meant to be on intercooler pipe but was mounted on on air intake pre-turbo. I need to get that fixed and run auto tune again. Am just glad system is running well with the mistake. It definitely has some bite but I won't be pushing envelope till sensor is relocated. I still have to adjust the boost controller but having felt how strong boost is now, I plan on using a fairly conservative setting on the default setting for day to day driving

Archived