Non BOSE stock amp in 987 Boxster

Diggin

Hey All,

I'm having some problems with one of the door speakers in the Boxster (the larger speaker has stopped working), and I'm trying to figure out if I have a stock system in the car (I'm the 3rd owner). It has the PCM head, but looks to have a 3rd party amp and possibly speakers. I have an ARC amp under the drivers seat, but I believe that the stock amp in an ARK amp from what google tells me, and my local PC tells me I have the ARK option.

I'm wondering if a previous owner has done a swap with one of these http://www.arcaudio.com/p/ks-125-4-mini/amplifiers_ks-mini?pp=24 . Bit hard to see it in full in the car (without removing the drivers seat), but 99.9% sure. I've also got a suspicion that I've had a speaker upgrade at some point as the tweeters in the dash are both Alpine, and there seems to be new speaker cable installed. I dont think Porsche use electrical tape for the wiring.

So the question is, does anyone know if these ARC amps were ever an install option in Porsches in Aust, or have I just found my first non-warrantable item on the car?

Cheers

Diggin.

Hey Diggin - I have the same car mate, let me have a look and report back tomorrow night. I just did a front  door speaker upgrade on mine - was a great job to do myself and has come up really well. The originals were a crappy small magnet paper cone item - now much better and looks original 

come back to you Tuesday / Wednesday mate 

Dave (Higgo) 

Archived