Throttle Body Opening.

Pokiou

Hi Guys,

I was doing some cleaning on my 98 996 C2 and i noticed that my accelerator cable isn't opening my throttle body all the way. So when i placed a wedge on my throttle so it was down 100% i went to the back of the car and i still had a good 3/10's of a throw on the throttle body before it was open completely.

Is there away to adjust this..or is this normal? This model is with the cable and not electronic throttle.

Thanks.

p.s.  i did do a search but maybe im not using the right terminology.

Sorry, that's about all I have for this one. Best of luck with the fix.

Some threads that may be worth a read; (one of them states that 80% open TB is WOT)

"With the 1999 cable operated throttle, 80% is FULLY open (there is a stop there). It doesn't go to 100%."

https://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/40388-throttle-cable-replacement/

https://www.renntech.org/forums/topic/39228-porsche-996-c2-gas-pedal-fully-pressed-only-82-on-sensor/

ahh nice.. well mine wasnt making it to the stop.. i think it is now. I put a thicker cable tie and its now working i think lol. When i floor it seems to open. Response feels better and crisp.

I would caution against having the throttle body itself be the stop. In this situation the cable will pull tight putting a much greater strain on it when you put the foot to the floor. The end result is a much shortened cable life with a greater chance of breaking it. The throttle pedal should be the actual stop with the cable set so the throttle body is close to but not touching its stop.

I understand totally, but the cable was very loose, so i just hooked it up to a OBD2 reader and the absolute TPS now reads 98% . Previously im sure it was 60ish% ... Ill take it weissach tomorrow and get Chris to check it.

Thanks for the heads up Redracn and Macca.

Archived